What are native apps?

memnautikus

Bronze
Nov 6, 2007
thomasville ga
Can someone tell me what exactly are native apps that is in development? What does it mean? With disk management does this mean we can use Flash?

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
no one knows what (if any) applications are currently being developed.

SDK stands for Software Development Kit. It is what will allow apple-authorized software developers to create applications.

I don't really understand your third question... if you are asking if this may lead to future flash support, then, yes, it is possible, but like i said, no one knows.

mythrowbacknikes

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
why isn't anyone excited about sdk? when i googled what sdk meant for just 30 min ago, i was hyped that it's coming next month.. think about it, my iPhone keeps me and my buds entertained and with new apps.. it'll be even greater ;)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i wonder WHEN in Feb... it IS only a couple weeks away...

...would make a nice valentines day gift from Apple... lord knows i won't be getting anything from anyone else. :(

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think lots of people are excited about the SDK - I know I am. I think there's also just a bit of a jaded feeling because it's taking so long to get it, and we still don't know how it will all work - will we be able to install software over-the-air? via the iTunes Store or an Installer-like app? will smaller developers get a fair shake at distributing their apps just as well as Adobe or EA or whichever big companies will be selling? Answers on some of those would probably up the excitement ...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
we should be able to install at LEAST via the WIFI iTunes store... maybe they could even extend the capabilities of the store to work on EDGE.

although, i wouldn't be surprised if we had to go through a computer to install. they have done less logical things...

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I'm really excited for the sdk but do you think we all have to pay for the apps? I really hope not.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that would suck... incidentally, i'm waiting for a software update for another company that's supposed to be out on the 29th as well...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hey, i'd pay $30 for cut & paste, but that doesn't change the fact that i shouldn't HAVE to... or even have to WAIT for it...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
hey, i'd pay $30 for cut & paste, but that doesn't change the fact that i shouldn't HAVE to... or even have to WAIT for it...
Yup, lack of it is really ridiculous by now. I'd like to see a 'I'm a Windows Mobile Phone, I'm an iPhone' advert now - you'd could pick a huge, dorky bloke as the WinMo phone and Miss Universe as the iPhone. Have every ad show the amazing multitouch etc. stuff on the iPhone, and every ad end with the dorky phone dude just saying "Copy ... Paste" ...