What are the additional costs for MMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
whenever I download anything it goes in the list of download, usually I can double click and save to my computer but this file will not do that. very frustrating.

when I go into iTunes the file is not found in the download list.

If anyone is using vista 64bit you know how the downloads work.

When I click shift and update a window comes up to find the file and the only place the file is in download but it does not show anything in there.

koredfish

Jul 28, 2007
also did you change the network settings to match what was posted in the link? I had to do that to get it to work.

my next question is how would I go back to 3.0? I have a 3G and would love to get tethering working on it :) thanks for your help!
hot momma

no i didn't do that....looked back at the link and couldn't find it....what do i need to put in there?
you are talking about having to put something in settings---general---and cellular data network?

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
hot momma

no i didn't do that....looked back at the link and couldn't find it....what do i need to put in there?
you are talking about having to put something in settings---general---and cellular data network?
yes thats where I needed to change some info and then I restarted my phone and everything worked great. If you go to that link someone posted screen shots of their phone in the 3rd or 4th post copy what they have and you should be set ;)

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
whenever I download anything it goes in the list of download, usually I can double click and save to my computer but this file will not do that. very frustrating.

when I go into iTunes the file is not found in the download list.

If anyone is using vista 64bit you know how the downloads work.

When I click shift and update a window comes up to find the file and the only place the file is in download but it does not show anything in there.
you are doing it right, the folder is coming up blank b/c you need to go to the bottom right corner for the drop down box AND change it then you will see the file

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
ipod/iPhone software files (*ipsw) is the only file that shows in that drop down menu in the downloads window.

I can see the file when I just go into the downloads, but when I click shift and update the download window comes up ok but like I said the file above is the only one that shows, I click open and nothing happens.

this is the command I have typed into the start>run>cmd
"C:\Program Files(x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
is that correct is there any spaces that should not be there or that should be there?

this is what comes up in iTunes
you see the drop down menu on the bottom right and that is the only file it shows

Last edited by a moderator:

koredfish

Jul 28, 2007
yes thats where I needed to change some info and then I restarted my phone and everything worked great. If you go to that link someone posted screen shots of their phone in the 3rd or 4th post copy what they have and you should be set ;)

hot momma,

i do have all that in there like the pics....it was in already....what did you have to add?

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
ipod/iPhone software files (*ipsw) is the only file that shows in that drop down menu in the downloads window.

I can see the file when I just go into the downloads, but when I click shift and update the download window comes up ok but like I said the file above is the only one that shows, I click open and nothing happens.

this is the command I have typed into the start>run>cmd
"C:\Program Files(x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
is that correct is there any spaces that should not be there or that should be there?

this is what comes up in iTunes
you see the drop down menu on the bottom right and that is the only file it shows
I am able to click the drop down box and choose Change the file type to “iPhone Carrier Configuration files” by clicking in the the bottom right corner and switching to *.ipcc. filetype

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
hot mamma why can't I? When I click the drop down box it only says the same file that you see on my post. I guess I just can't get the update unless I update to 3.1 which I won't do.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Hold the power and home buttons down until the Apple shows up. It should boot up normally. You're probably getting a 1600 or 1604 error as well.

There is a file for Mac and Windows that is supposed to get around the 1600 series errors. It's called iReb. I've never used it, but it's here. (no longer available)

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
Hold the power and home buttons down until the Apple shows up. It should boot up normally. You're probably getting a 1600 or 1604 error as well.

There is a file for Mac and Windows that is supposed to get around the 1600 series errors. It's called iReb. I've never used it, but it's here. (no longer available)
darn wish I saw your solution sooner :( I restored the phone to factory settings now trying to get everything back on there. oh well I guess there will be no tethering for me.

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I am going to pull my hair out! LOL Why the hell can I not get this update? I have tried EVERYTHING that has been suggested on this thread, but when I click shift and update I cannot get to the file I saved on my desktop it will not show up in the drop down menu! I only have this one file,

ipod/iPhone software files (*.ipsw)

I am using windows vista 64bit

I have tried both of these in start>run> cmd command
"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
nothing works!

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
I am going to pull my hair out! LOL Why the hell can I not get this update? I have tried EVERYTHING that has been suggested on this thread, but when I click shift and update I cannot get to the file I saved on my desktop it will not show up in the drop down menu! I only have this one file,

nothing works!
kathie I am sorry you are having problems :( I think I would have ripped my hair out by now if it wasn't working.
I don't know why you don't have any other option in that drop down box. I wish I could help you! I know how frustrating it is.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly

nothing works!
Are you performing these commands with your phone disconnected and iTunes closed?

giddyup944

Jul 29, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I had the same issue on my bros computer. Make sure your iPhone is disconnected and iTunes is closed when you type the line into the command box. The first 5 times I tried it it did not work then the sixth it worked. I'm not sure what I did different but try closing the command box after you type the line in then try leaving it open. But definitely have your iPhone disconnected when you punch the line in. Sorry if you already tried this but just thougt I'd let you know I had issues too and it finally took on the sixth time. He has windows xp, iPhone 3gs 16gb, software 3.01 and the carrier file was 4.0 but I was able to finally get the updated 5.0 into it.

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Went to my desktop with Windows XP ane it took 2 minutes and it is done and works great! WOOOHOOO

Just would not work on my Vista 64 bit laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.