What are the best headphones?

Mar 8, 2009
How many of you out there use aftermarket headphones?

How do you feel the quality is better than the standard headphones that come with your iPod? What other Headphone Accessories would be better than the standard earphones that are issued stock with the device?

Does it make the iTunes downloads sound more crisp?

I really appreciate the info!

COrsair.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The standard ones hurt my ears. I have some from Zagg.com the Zagg Ear Buds and I like them a lot. They have several adjustable ear pieces and also has ipod controls and mic. Ipod control includes forward to next song and volume control. They often have coupons if you sign up for their email and they also have a daily coupon if you follow them on Twitter.

edit: I have had to return these a couple times. They are making them cheaper and cheaper quality. The concept is cool but I can't say I would recommend them anymore.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Shure E3c. Great buds...total sound isolation. You also get an attachment with a volume slider..which increases even more over the device volume.

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
I myself have a pair of Sennheiser CX300 Series II's.

Bought em from the Apple Store for about $90.

Best purchase of my life. Also fits in 2nd Gen iPhones.

Feb 6, 2009
Zagg

I received a pair of Zagg earbuds about a week ago and they sound excellent better than my Shures. They also do a very good job of blocking the outside noise. I haven't had them long enough to speak to any quality issues. So far so good :laugh2:. For the price $39 very hard to beat.