what are the steps to upgrade to 1.4?

naruto101

Dec 1, 2007
i am hearing lots of different ideas on the forum well i had a 1.1.2 otb phone, and i upgraded and locked it to 1.1.3 with geohot method. Now i want to upadte it to 1.4, when iTunes ask to update the phone to 1.1.4 should i and unlock and jailbreak with zihpoen?

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
1. Open up iTunes and connect your iPhone.
2. Click on Restore. (click on backup if you want to backup all your stuff and settings.)
3. Wait till it Restores and Updates to 1.1.4 (Should take a good 15 minutes.)
4. Dowload ZiPhone 2.5c
5. Click on Jailbreak (Takes one minute)
6. You now have 1.1.4 with installer.

**If you have no sound at all after the jailbreak simply go to settings, then general then go to reset then finally click on Reset All Settings. After thats done do a soft reset (hold down power and home button till Apple logo comes on) and your sound will be back to normal.

7. ENJOY!

naruto101

Dec 1, 2007
2. Click on Restore. (click on backup if you want to backup all your stuff and settings.)
4. Dowload ZiPhone 2.5c

**If you have no sound at all after the jailbreak simply go to settings, then general then go to reset then finally click on Reset All Settings. After thats done do a soft reset (hold down power and home button till Apple logo comes on) and your sound will be back to normal.

7. ENJOY!
in the ziphoen can i just click do everything so i will be come unlocked or will it already be unlocked when i jail break it?

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
theres options. jailbreak only, jailbreak n unlock, or jailbreak unlock and activate

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
if you already have AT&T i rather just do the jailbreak only.

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
4. Dowload ZiPhone 2.5c

7. ENJOY!
what if your mail app doesn't work?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
what if your mail app doesn't work?
People have reported that fix they use the YouTube fix in Installer it fixes Mail aswell.

Neither of these were broken when I jailbroke so I can't tell you if it's true or not.

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
People have reported that fix they use the YouTube fix in Installer it fixes Mail aswell.

Neither of these were broken when I jailbroke so I can't tell you if it's true or not.
ok thank you, does anyone else no if this is true?
or have any ideas of how to fix the mail issue? (it will not allow me to log in)