What are these folders? Safe to delete?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
There is this folder structure on my PC (running Vista) and I was wondering if it was safe to delete:

"C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\{devicename}\"

Under this folder are two subfolders:

Baseband\
Panics\

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Why do want to delete them, they shouldn't take up much space? I wouldn't, unless you no longer have the device you are referencing. Otherwise these folders are used by iTunes when syncing. I am not sure if they would be auto-recreated but why take a chance?

The logs store OS, baseband, and app crash info. This is sent to Apple if you agreed to it when setting up the device to sync for the first time.

--
Mike

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Yeah, I have a folder structure for a no-longer-owned device and wanted to delete that particular device's folder.

While I was at it (and since I declined to send any diagnostic info to Apple), I wanted to go ahead and clean out the whole thing. It must be the OCD in me. :dft008:surprised

I'll go ahead and zap the older device's folder.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes I didn't agree to it either. And looking through the logs I'm glad I didn't: too many jailbreak apps in there! ;)

--
Mike