What are we doing?

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I ordered a 16G black iPhone from AT&T, its due in a week I probably ordered it because "I thought the the new technology and features would be great plus the larger screen", now after reading here I find out the Ibrick does not support voice dial, VVM cannot be used with bluetooth, most of the apps are web based, which I really don't want to be web based as who knows will have access to the data there. there are no programs currently available for what I use my Q for it' just a very expensive music player that is making Apple millions. I am going to cancel my order in the morning. Thanks for reading the vent, correct me if i am not seeing the whole picture. Everyone on this forum is great and I really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from all the users.

One of my biggest concerns is I have not had a phone that I could not remove the battery to re-boot when all else fails. you cannot do this with this phone!

John

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I ordered a 16G black iPhone from AT&T, its due in a week I probably ordered it because "I thought the the new technology and features would be great plus the larger screen", now after reading here I find out the Ibrick does not support voice dial, VVM cannot be used with bluetooth, most of the apps are web based, which I really don't want to be web based as who knows will have access to the data there. there are no programs currently available for what I use my Q for it' just a very expensive music player that is making Apple millions. I am going to cancel my order in the morning. Thanks for reading the vent, correct me if i am not seeing the whole picture. Everyone on this forum is great and I really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from all the users.

John
Most of the apps are not web-based, and voice and other features will be available on the app store in the future.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
You were wise to read up on it and if you feel on balance its not worth it then may the force be with you! There a some cons but many pro's to using the iPhone

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Good looking out bro! Yeah, it's just a very expensive music player. We are all stupid for having made it an integral part of our lives for the past year. Who knew I liked music so much?

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Good looking out bro! Yeah, it's just a very expensive music player. We are all stupid for having made it an integral part of our lives for the past year. Who knew I liked music so much?
My post was not intended to slam anyone, but to simply state that the phone will not work for me as the intended use is for businesss, I'm sure it serves many well.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
hi guys let's be level headed about this and let this man make his mind up. He stated how friendly forum was and this is what I have found. As I stated earlier this phone regardless of how much you love it has it's draw backs. Some of the main issues are businesss uses. Others are simple things like lack of SMS forwarding. The majority of us are acceptant of these issues, don't need them or are just not bothered. However others are giving up on the iPhone because of them. I for one am glad that some are moving away from the iPhone as it's these people that will make Apple improve the phone not those who are prepared to put up with these problems. I am sticking with it but I can see this persons point

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Lol, I can see how u could think I was being defensive in my post, but really my point was that I (and probably most of the people here) think maybe u should try it out a lil bit and get to know it before passing judgment. I don't think an overpriced music player would have made quite the same impact that the iPhone has. There ARE a lot of overpriced music players out there - they are referred to as iClones :)

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
you don't buy the iPhone because it is feature rich, it is actually a bit feature bland compared to other smartphones.

You buy the iPhone because it has the easiest to use interfance on a smartphone, or any phone for that matter, it has a built in ipod, and is pretty much the best mobile device out there for having access to the entire internet in your pocket (not a crippled limited version).

If you value features over those qualities then get a blackberry.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Lol, I can see how u could think I was being defensive in my post, but really my point was that I (and probably most of the people here) think maybe u should try it out a lil bit and get to know it before passing judgment. I don't think an overpriced music player would have made quite the same impact that the iPhone has. There ARE a lot of overpriced music players out there - they are referred to as iClones :)
I agree that the reference to an overpriced music player was not cool:)

Its much more than that.... it plays videos as well:p

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I agree that the reference to an overpriced music player was not cool:)

Its much more than that.... it plays videos as well:p

First I take back the overpriced music player, Had too much Bud last nite:)

So I call AT&T to cancel the order, he says" I can't until it arrives" so I ask him does this mean I pay a restocking fee? "yes" I said that's BS. and say adios.

My choices:
1. pay the restocking fee and leave.
2. Take the phone and try for 29 days then pay the restocking fee and cancel the service.
3.Can I cancel the service and keep the phone and re-sell?

Recommendations and or advice please?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
My post was not intended to slam anyone, but to simply state that the phone will not work for me as the intended use is for businesss, I'm sure it serves many well.
Many of the things you pointed out in your original post were true about the version 1 iPhone. Since then, the addition of the Apps store has taken care of most of those concerns.

But if you still think the phone is a waste, I'll buy it from you for the price of your early termination fee.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
How much is the termination fee?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
First I take back the overpriced music player, Had too much Bud last nite:)

So I call AT&T to cancel the order, he says" I can't until it arrives" so I ask him does this mean I pay a restocking fee? "yes" I said that's BS. and say adios.

My choices:
1. pay the restocking fee and leave.
2. Take the phone and try for 29 days then pay the restocking fee and cancel the service.
3.Can I cancel the service and keep the phone and re-sell?

Recommendations and or advice please?

Give it a try out for month. I like businesss phones but once I tried the iPhone I just can't turn back

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Make a list of what of all the features that your current phone has and how important to your everyday life they are. Then take all the features of the iPhone and how important they are to you in your everyday life and see which on wins.

I will tell you my favorite thing about the iPhone. I don't know what phone you have but I will guarantee that it does not have software updates like the iPhone. Just cause I have had my iPhone for a year does not mean that it is out of date, because it is 99% the same as the 3G that just came out on the 11th. YOu have nothing to look forward to with other phones, there are always new apps coming, new updates and many other things. This is just my opinion. In the end do what you want, but give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Make a list of what of all the features that your current phone has and how important to your everyday life they are. Then take all the features of the iPhone and how important they are to you in your everyday life and see which on wins.

I will tell you my favorite thing about the iPhone. I don't know what phone you have but I will guarantee that it does not have software updates like the iPhone. Just cause I have had my iPhone for a year does not mean that it is out of date, because it is 99% the same as the 3G that just came out on the 11th. YOu have nothing to look forward to with other phones, there are always new apps coming, new updates and many other things. This is just my opinion. In the end do what you want, but give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
Nah, skip all that n just live with it for a couple of weeks. Play w it n play w the apps. The iPhone is much more than the sum of it's features.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Thanks for the responses, with my available options I believe i'll take the phone and try it for 29 days. If it won't work for me I'll cancel the service keep the phone or pay the restocking fee which ever is the least $$ out of pocket and go on with life. thanks again.:)

John

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Thanks for the responses, with my available options I believe i'll take the phone and try it for 29 days. If it won't work for me I'll cancel the service keep the phone or pay the restocking fee which ever is the least $$ out of pocket and go on with life. thanks again.:)

John
good choice. Good luck