What are you doing with your old iPhone?

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
What are you all going to do with your old iPhones?

hopefully Apple will allow us to trade it in some how, but what if they do not, then what are you going to do with it?

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
What are you all going to do with your old iPhones?

hopefully Apple will allow us to trade it in some how, but what if they do not, then what are you going to do with it?
They won't. Why would they? People will buy the new phone regardless of what Apple does, so there is no incentive.

When I buy the new phone, I'll retire my current iPhone and use it as a backup should I ever need to send in the new one for repair.

But, there's nothing whatsoever wrong with the one I have now, so I'll be waiting for awhile to determine whether or not the new version is something I really need.

While I love Apple products, I don't ask "how high" every time Apple says "jump!"

RandomAlec

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
When I finally get my hands on the 3G, hopefully on release day or after, I plan to unlock my current 4 GB iPhone and sell it at about $200 or more on Ebay. :D

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm going to keep my current iPhone as backup. I won't have to worry about using an old Krzr when I go to the beach anymore.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Sellinggggggggggggggggggg ! Hello Ebay

i don't think i would trade in my phone...especially if Apple is gonna low ball it and only offer such a small price for a trade in... however, i doubt they would do a trade in lol... but i think im going to keep it and use it as a back up or something... just in case ya know

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Using it for another year or so until a new one comes out that is truly revolutionary rather than evolutionary.

H

Hayesimus

I'll probably give it to my best friend, Dexter.

dexty.jpg

i'm just afraid to give him such a delicate phone. he's not very reliable with fragile things... :(

H

Hayesimus

the iPhone v1 i mean. (i know how some of you people think...)

Adren88

Jun 22, 2007
IL
I'm keeping mine til the next next iPhone because knowing Apple they'll probably put one a year after this next one.

H

Hayesimus

yeah i realized after i was like,"I'm gonna GIVE IT TO..." that i should clarify... i am doing that a lot lately... MEH...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
ill keep mine till the price drop so that i don't ave to deal with a rebate crap again

clausenfan

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
definitely wont offer a trade in
ithink i will give mine to my mom or my sister, although neither of them are mac junkies. Maybe i should give it to a friend haha. i still have some thinking to do.
Maybe just keep it as ipod

Feb 26, 2008
NY
It's already bye-bye

Yep...sold it on ebay last week. Got 405$ for the phone and Apple bluetooth. Thought I did pretty good. But now I'm using a crackberry to get through....and I don't think I'm gonna make it. GO STEVE GO!:mad:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'll either give it to a friend or use it as my jailbreaking iPhone, as my 3G one will be stock and will stay that way.

- John