What are you expecting from iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Apr 21, 2007
Tell me what you think..

iPhone combines three amazing products — a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching — into one small and lightweight handheld device. iPhone also introduces an entirely new user interface based on a large multi-touch display and pioneering new software, letting you control everything with just your fingers. So it ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, completely redefining what you can do on a mobile phone.

Is this not amazing or what?

p9939068

Bronze
Apr 19, 2007
I reckoned it to a PPC minus certain key functionalities but replaces that with very cool interfaces. It's the perfect "fun" phone, just not a very serious one though.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I just expect it not to suck as much as my Treo. If they get that far with the initial product then I'm happy. :)

rtaylor07

Apr 22, 2007
Internet

I just think it would be awsome to have a phone that can do music and internet and videos with nice speed and a full os. It's al ot to ask for in one piece of technology.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
If you think about it, Apple is not really putting a ton of stuff on this first iPhone. It's actually going to be fairly limited relative to other phone/PDA devices. I see this as Apple wanting to make sure this is a good stable device first go around. If they can pull that off they'll be heroes in many people's books.

jmon

Apr 7, 2007
I plan on using the iPhone as a cell phone, some data usage, but mostly as a general smart phone - especially iCal. I won't be using the ipod feature on it much as I already have a 60GB ipod

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
I would love to see a GPS that works in conjunction with Google maps. Also, it would be sweet if the GPS map worked with a built in digital compus so when your in NYC the map will turn as you do going up and down the city blocks. But, that would be too good to be true.

Dre180

Bronze
Apr 16, 2007
New York (Soon to be Chicago)
I would love to see a GPS that works in conjunction with Google maps. Also, it would be sweet if the GPS map worked with a built in digital compus so when your in NYC the map will turn as you do going up and down the city blocks. But, that would be too good to be true.

not really..most new smartphones are all starting to come with those features now, and the iPhone should be as well...that is probably my biggest gripe with it...the lack of gps that is. i can live without a great camera or video recording, and some others but the lack of 3g and gps is what's hurting it's chances right now from what i think would have been a total domination of the market. only time will tell, we'll see....

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
yes it should have 3g and yes GPS would be sweet...but still...how much MORE sweet is it than any other phone? yeah, thats what i thought. way sweeter. it will have those goodies soon enough. im just expecting it to be beautiful, to work, and to let me surf the web like my powerbook.

Apr 30, 2007
yes it should have 3g and yes GPS would be sweet...but still...how much MORE sweet is it than any other phone? yeah, thats what i thought. way sweeter. it will have those goodies soon enough. im just expecting it to be beautiful, to work, and to let me surf the web like my powerbook.
It may not need GPS - the phone is on the cingular backbone and they use Trueposition for GEO location for e911 compliance. The data is there as to the location of the phone - they just need to get that info back to the phone.

May 3, 2007
My Motorola A1200 will suffice until it comes out. Then I'll get some hands on before I make my decision. It looks promising though. I bought stock in Apple for two reasons. The MBP and this.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
It may not need GPS - the phone is on the cingular backbone and they use Trueposition for GEO location for e911 compliance. The data is there as to the location of the phone - they just need to get that info back to the phone.
I'd imagine there will be some 3rd party offering a device like this if it's not from Apple. (Yes, 3rd parties will be allowed to develop for the iPhone... just wait.)

Most cellphone cameras are pretty crappy...if those recently posted photos that came from the iPhone are real, this might be a camera you can actually use... perfect for snapping stupid candids or whatever.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Not too interested in GPS but it'd be cool. Hoping the internet isn't too slow. It must have a way to seamlessly place voip calls. Bluetooth syncing of everything including iTunes and using other bluetooth stuff with it. Video out is a must.

This isn't a phone. Increase the storage, add video out and the ability to use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and you've got a very portable computer.