What are you expecting from iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eliizabeth_leiigh, Apr 21, 2007.

1. eliizabeth_leiigh

eliizabeth_leiigh New Member

Tell me what you think..

iPhone combines three amazing products — a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching — into one small and lightweight handheld device. iPhone also introduces an entirely new user interface based on a large multi-touch display and pioneering new software, letting you control everything with just your fingers. So it ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, completely redefining what you can do on a mobile phone.

Is this not amazing or what?

2. itsabouttime

itsabouttime Member
    Silver

Your joking right? OF COURSE IT'S AMAZING!
    Most of my waking moments are spent thinking about this freakin' phone! (Just ask my wife!) ;)

3. gsxr370

gsxr370 New Member

Its alright,....i guess.

4. p9939068

p9939068 New Member
    Bronze

I reckoned it to a PPC minus certain key functionalities but replaces that with very cool interfaces. It's the perfect "fun" phone, just not a very serious one though.

5. ColsTiger

ColsTiger Zealot
    Gold

If everything works as expected, it will definitely be AMAZING!

6. robhon

robhon New Member
    Silver

I just expect it not to suck as much as my Treo. If they get that far with the initial product then I'm happy. :)

7. rtaylor07

rtaylor07 New Member

Internet

I just think it would be awsome to have a phone that can do music and internet and videos with nice speed and a full os. It's al ot to ask for in one piece of technology.

8. robhon

robhon New Member
    Silver

If you think about it, Apple is not really putting a ton of stuff on this first iPhone. It's actually going to be fairly limited relative to other phone/PDA devices. I see this as Apple wanting to make sure this is a good stable device first go around. If they can pull that off they'll be heroes in many people's books.

9. Bender

Bender Member
    Bronze

Serious? Who wants to be serious?

MAC = Fun :laugh2:

PC = Serious :(

10. jmon

jmon New Member

I plan on using the iPhone as a cell phone, some data usage, but mostly as a general smart phone - especially iCal. I won't be using the ipod feature on it much as I already have a 60GB ipod

11. jmon

jmon New Member

What Functionalities is the iPhone missing?

12. Lob

Lob New Member
    Bronze

I would love to see a GPS that works in conjunction with Google maps. Also, it would be sweet if the GPS map worked with a built in digital compus so when your in NYC the map will turn as you do going up and down the city blocks. But, that would be too good to be true.

13. Dre180

Dre180 Member
    Bronze

not really..most new smartphones are all starting to come with those features now, and the iPhone should be as well...that is probably my biggest gripe with it...the lack of gps that is. i can live without a great camera or video recording, and some others but the lack of 3g and gps is what's hurting it's chances right now from what i think would have been a total domination of the market. only time will tell, we'll see....

14. auzburner

auzburner New Member

Sounds amazing, and sounds like yo took a line out of Steve's Keynote!

15. JeffBobula

JeffBobula New Member
    Bronze

yes it should have 3g and yes GPS would be sweet...but still...how much MORE sweet is it than any other phone? yeah, thats what i thought. way sweeter. it will have those goodies soon enough. im just expecting it to be beautiful, to work, and to let me surf the web like my powerbook.

16. podcast411

podcast411 New Member

It may not need GPS - the phone is on the cingular backbone and they use Trueposition for GEO location for e911 compliance. The data is there as to the location of the phone - they just need to get that info back to the phone.

17. Sevenpifer

Sevenpifer New Member

i plan on using the iPhone on everything it's got. but now i don't have to look through the phone book for Dominos Pizza.

18. mechanixhorseman

mechanixhorseman New Member

My Motorola A1200 will suffice until it comes out. Then I'll get some hands on before I make my decision. It looks promising though. I bought stock in Apple for two reasons. The MBP and this.

19. Spin This!

Spin This! New Member
    Silver

I'd imagine there will be some 3rd party offering a device like this if it's not from Apple. (Yes, 3rd parties will be allowed to develop for the iPhone... just wait.)

Most cellphone cameras are pretty crappy...if those recently posted photos that came from the iPhone are real, this might be a camera you can actually use... perfect for snapping stupid candids or whatever.

20. joe

joe New Member
    Gold

Not too interested in GPS but it'd be cool. Hoping the internet isn't too slow. It must have a way to seamlessly place voip calls. Bluetooth syncing of everything including iTunes and using other bluetooth stuff with it. Video out is a must.

This isn't a phone. Increase the storage, add video out and the ability to use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and you've got a very portable computer.