What are you going to do with your $100 credit?

ItalianBoston

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I just heard on the news that you get $100 refund only if you bought the iPhone in the last 14 days. Is this true?

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I just heard on the news that you get $100 refund only if you bought the iPhone in the last 14 days. Is this true?
This was posted here from a Comcast.net story written by a pair of Associated Press writers who, unless someone proves me wrong, have no idea what they're talking about. Apple's only disclosure (Steve's letter) says nothing whatsoever to that effect, only stating that "Details are still being worked out."

And since it's an AP article, it'll probably be everywhere. :mad:

-K

Last edited by a moderator:

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
no kidding. Are they really a HUNDRED dollars better than the pair that came with the phone? Seriously, I'll spend my credit on them if you sell me on it...
Go try them yourself. If you can hear/appreciate the difference then decide based on that. I don't know how good these are specifically, but I am quite sure of one thing: the stock phones are really really bad! I can't believe how many people I see walking around using them.

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I'm thinking $100 worth of iTunes music cards might be nice. If there is not an expiration on the thing I might hang onto it for a while. Another idea i'm toying with is using it to get a new iPod Shuffle. I used to use my iPod when mowing the lawn but I don't dare use my iPhone while mowing (picture an iPhone being spit out the side of a lawn mower when i accidentally drop it.......no thank you!)

Leopard is another option also since I'm really looking forward to throwing that onto my iMac in October.

Ah well, the best part is that it's money I didn't intend to have so no matter what I get it will be enjoyable.

Thanks Steve!

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
I'll be using mine towards the new nano--in blue. Was planning on getting it anyway, so this is like a little bonus discount :laugh2:

kghoops

Jun 19, 2007
I wonder if you'll be able to use the $100 on the iPod Touch? I don't purchase music through iTunes so I would probably buy that with it and then sell it on eBay. :laugh2:

radmonkeyx

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Irving TX
I'm thinking $100 worth of iTunes music cards might be nice. Another idea i'm toying with is using it to get a new iPod Shuffle. I used to use my iPod when mowing the lawn but I don't dare use my iPhone while mowing
I was thinking the same thing. but i figure i will get a good case to fit on my shorts or arm and then i have more funds to spend on iTunes.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
Go try them yourself. If you can hear/appreciate the difference then decide based on that. I don't know how good these are specifically, but I am quite sure of one thing: the stock phones are really really bad! I can't believe how many people I see walking around using them.
i never'd tried them yet but im sure there better but not worht a 100dollar difference better.. because outta all the headphones the pair that came in the iPhone box dang those r really crappy..