What are you going to do with your 600 dollars?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm getting 1200 for myself (I claim my 2 daughters), and one of the things I'm getitng is the new iPhone. I'll be selling my old 4-gigger.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
If your married don't both of you have to work to get this credit? Thats what I thought anyways. It would be great to have some extra $$. My kids are in so many sports and activities that I go broke from all the money we have to pay out!

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Going to be hopping around quite a bit actually. Starting in Amsterdam and then headed to Paris to visit my friend's sister. Then headed over to Munich and Nurmburg to get a ride in the Ring Taxi on the Nurburgring. My two friends and I are huge BMW nuts, so this should be absolutely amazing. From there we'll be headed to Venice and Vienna and then hopping on over to Budapest. For the close, we're going to Athens and then taking a ferry out to Mykonos to relax and party for a couple of days. We're pretty excited to say the least. Done any traveling in Europe yourself?
I'm totally jealous of you. I lived in Poland for a few years and did went over to Germany a bit. forgot all my damn German learning Polish though :( anyways I'm aching to go back over and see some more countries.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
If your married don't both of you have to work to get this credit? Thats what I thought anyways. It would be great to have some extra $$. My kids are in so many sports and activities that I go broke from all the money we have to pay out!
Wife and I both work, we file married but separate, I claim my daughters on return, badda boom badda bing---1200 dollars!

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
My husband said we are getting like $1800 for the tax rebate. Something about money for us and some more because we have kids. I think we will probably spend some of that on some stuff. I need a new Macbook or Air, I decided.

The tax refund he has already decided to reinvest, so that is not spendable. He is so practical and wants to retire someday! lol
Yep Yep, Your husband is smart. It's a good think my wife controls the money, because I would of blown it on something like an iPhone even though I have one.

We should be getting back $1200 and all of it will go to my new 2007 Escalade which I plan to buy in late May.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Oh oh oh, I was wrong... Looks like the wife and I will get back $1800.. We only have two chillins..

And I quote
"A couple with income of $145,000 in 2007, with three children: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples, plus $300 for each child. A $2,100 rebate."

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
No - it's based on your filing status, MFJ. As long as your AGI doesn't exceed $150,000 you'll be fine.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Doubt I will see a rebate unless they changed the criteria for receiving it. I stopped looking when I read that not everyone will be getting it.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
whoo looks like im getting 300 =D

edit: i just filed my federal with turbotax free edition the other day, anyone know where i can go to file for my state?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Going to be hopping around quite a bit actually. Starting in Amsterdam and then headed to Paris to visit my friend's sister. Then headed over to Munich and Nurmburg to get a ride in the Ring Taxi on the Nurburgring. My two friends and I are huge BMW nuts, so this should be absolutely amazing. From there we'll be headed to Venice and Vienna and then hopping on over to Budapest. For the close, we're going to Athens and then taking a ferry out to Mykonos to relax and party for a couple of days. We're pretty excited to say the least. Done any traveling in Europe yourself?
That sounds awesome, really a bit of almost everything in there! I lived in the UK for a bunch of years, worked a lot in Spain as well ...

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
don't forget that the rebates gets taxed so don't think your getting a full $600 back.
Nope, we get the full $600, just like we did when Bush first started. It's tax free and if you think about it, taxing a rebate like this would make no sense.