what are you guys ocd about with your iPhones?

Wtf0ver

Bronze
Jul 2, 2009
me: im kind of an organizational freak. most used and relevant apps are on the first and second pages. games get their own page. i also have to delete call history and voicemails after i get them. ive heard some folks cant let their phones get below 50% battery. that doesn't really bother me so much. just curious what everyone else does.

Rogers

Jul 14, 2009
Me? Probably just removing stuff I won't use. I don't even have 2 pages of apps filled up, and I'm debating on deleting the ones that I don't use often.

As well as not putting on too much stuff, I have 16GB of memory, but I won't get 1GB filled up probably.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm constantly removing fingerprints and smudges on the screen. I like to see a pristine screen.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm constantly removing fingerprints and smudges on the screen. I like to see a pristine screen.
+1!

I absolutely love having my phone be 100% clean. I take it out of it's case and wipe it down with a microfiber, then with an alcohol wipe(similar to baby wipes), and then, as strange as it may sound, I wrap it in rabbit fur and rub it down. Never seen a cleaner phone! After all of that, I have a little thingy-ma-bob (the round thing pictured below) that I use to wipe my screen clean every time I touch it.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
The stupid moisture indicator inside the headphone Jack - I carry a ziplock bag with me at all times.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
My biggest OCD with my iPhone is that I leave one row empty between the icons and the dock icons. I never have all four icon rows filled, like so:

If I have all the rows filled, it's too overwhelming for me and I get all bothered...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
My biggest OCD with my iPhone is that I leave one row empty between the icons and the dock icons. I never have all four icon rows filled, like so:

If I have all the rows filled, it's too overwhelming for me and I get all bothered...
I do the same thing; I just think it looks cleaner.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Ditto on the row between the icons and the dock. I also:

Take it out of its incase slider about 3 times a day to clean it.
Restore as a new device about once a quarter
Delete apps I don't use even though I have lots of free space

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

I used to do that, but now I have every page entirely filled up. I might do it again, but that would create a lot of pages with all of my apps.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I am only OCD about a few things. I can't have any notifications (1, 2, 3) etc on texts, calls, emails, voicemails and all. I clear them immediately. Also I like to have the bottom row cleared but only on the first screen. Too many apps to do it on all screens.

I am a little OCD about the battery, but I don't go crazy about it. I check the App store all the time and have some apps that I always update (Lose It) for diet and excersise.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Count me as one who starts to freak when the battery gets below 50%. Actually, the "must find power!" trembling begins at 60%.

I'd like to organize my icon screens better than they are now--if you can call what I have now, in any way, "organized." But I just never seem to get around to it. I think it's because of the way you have to do it on the iPhone. I'd be in heaven if there was a PC app that let you see all icon pages at once, and let you move things around to your heart's content. Anyone happen to know of a such an app?

I'm also one who hates to throw things away. And on the iPhone that translates to leaving apps around, "just in case." I mean, c'mon, I know I don't need that darned dog whistle app, but I can't delete it because I think someday I might come across the one dog who can actually hear it. (My luck that dog will be Cujo, and to him it'll mean "attack.")

--
Mike

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
+1!

I absolutely love having my phone be 100% clean. I take it out of it's case and wipe it down with a microfiber, then with an alcohol wipe(similar to baby wipes), and then, as strange as it may sound, I wrap it in rabbit fur and rub it down. Never seen a cleaner phone! After all of that, I have a little thingy-ma-bob (the round thing pictured below) that I use to wipe my screen clean every time I touch it.

That is exactly what I use. I ordered it from iSkin. I should see about getting some rabbit fur too, although it must be faux fur. I'm an animal rights person. :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm also one who hates to throw things away. And on the iPhone that translates to leaving apps around, "just in case." I mean, c'mon, I know I don't need that darned dog whistle app, but I can't delete it because I think someday I might come across the one dog who can actually hear it. (My luck that dog will be Cujo, and to him it'll mean "attack.")

--
Mike
Besides, I use that app to torture my nieces and nephew. :)

duvi

Bronze
Jul 19, 2009
In the future
www.twitter.com
My OCD is never let it touch any surface bare. Right now I have an INNOCASE II, but I like to let it breathe on a cloth or even soft tissue.

The other would be keeping similar groups together. Some like to put certain apps on the first or second page because they use it more, but for me, I rather have categories.

All my news/rss and utility apps together. Social network / Messaging together. Media & Music (iPod, camera apps like CameraBag, Photobucket and more..) together. Games all on one (I don't even play them, maybe PaperToss once in a blue). Medical and Health together. All the I don't/rarely use apps together at the end, like: App Store, iTunes Store, Weather, Stocks, Compass & Notes (Evernote replaced it on the home screen) all together.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I am ocd about not having an iPhone as in dropping or losing my 3GS so I spent 100 bucks on a Vaja case and I refuse to sell my 3G. I am always searching for cracks with a magnifying glass! Haven't found any yet lol.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
+100 i clean my screen at least 3 times a day i always have a microfiber with me.
I am only OCD about a few things. I can't have any notifications (1, 2, 3) etc on texts, calls, emails, voicemails and all. I clear them immediately. Also I like to have the bottom row cleared but only on the first screen. Too many apps to do it on all screens.
same here i cant have a number on the screen haha even if its an update i have to do it right then.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm happy to find out I'm rather normal, compared to some of the sickos posting here. :)

--
Mike

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'd be in heaven if there was a PC app that let you see all icon pages at once, and let you move things around to your heart's content. Anyone happen to know of a such an app?
--
Mike
I don't know why you can't do this in iTunes. Been griping about this for a long time. Seems so obvious and should be easy to do. But what do I know.