What are you OCD about?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I can't stand being late, even if I want to take my time, I can never be on time anywhere, I typically arrive at least 30 min. early, it causes me severe anxiety if I know I won't have at least 30 min. headway.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
This should be good. I'll enjoy reading posts from everybody who claims to be OCD when they're really just anal about things. The term "OCD" is so overused on the internet. Carry on.

Sorry. Just another of my many pet peeves.
Can I get a strict differentiation between OCD and anal? I think I have symptoms of both, but I'd like to cubby them nice and neatly so I can attend to them specifically and effectively. Maybe it will turn out that I'm only one or the other. I need to be sure, otherwise I'll keep wondering if I have a legitimate reason for secretly hating my coworkers for not returning items back to the exact place they found them.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Can I get a strict differentiation between OCD and anal? I think I have symptoms of both, but I'd like to cubby them nice and neatly so I can attend to them specifically and effectively. Maybe it will turn out that I'm only one or the other. I need to be sure, otherwise I'll keep wondering if I have a legitimate reason for secretly hating my coworkers for not returning items back to the exact place they found them.
I didn't explain myself very well. It's most being picky than being anal. Peruse any phone forum. You'll see a lot of mentions of people who are "OCD about scratches on their phones," etc. To me, that's not being OCD. Save the OCD label for people who really suffer from it. It's like ADHD - once it was publicized, all of a sudden everyone was diagnosing themselves with it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
When I used to live at the apartment before I bought my house I would lock the front door multiple times. Lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock, check the door, it was locked so I unlocked it again and locked it one more time. I'd go straight to bed, get up 5 minutes later because I had to make sure. Repeated the first process again. Every night for as long as I can remember, unless I slept in the couch, which stood 5 feet from the front door.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My garage door. I have to almost study it when I pull out of the driveway to make sure it's really closed. As long I'm focused when I look at and it's in the fully-closed position, I'm fine. Once in a while, I turn the car around and drive by the house just to be sure. I've lived here for ten years and I've only left it open once. I think the cat ran in the garage as it was closing and tripped the sensor.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
My garage door. I have to almost study it when I pull out of the driveway to make sure it's really closed. As long I'm focused when I look at and it's in the fully-closed position, I'm fine. Once in a while, I turn the car around and drive by the house just to be sure. I've lived here for ten years and I've only left it open once. I think the cat ran in the garage as it was closing and tripped the sensor.
I can attest to this.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/craftsman-garage-door/id462908420?mt=8

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1377372419.351919.jpg

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I can't stand being late, even if I want to take my time, I can never be on time anywhere, I typically arrive at least 30 min. early, it causes me severe anxiety if I know I won't have at least 30 min. headway.
Not sure if I would call mine OCD, but I am the same way about being late. I would rather be 30 minutes early than 30 seconds late.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
On the TV or radio, I can only have the volume on multiples of 2 or 5. I don't know why, buried say this is certainly an OCD trait.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
This should be good. I'll enjoy reading posts from everybody who claims to be OCD when they're really just anal about things. The term "OCD" is so overused on the internet. Carry on.

Sorry. Just another of my many pet peeves.
You can't believe everything you read in the Internet. :p

I'm OCD, or anal for Naps sake, about multiple threads with the same OCD topic. :p

Sent using iCafe app