What are your favorite apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by daydreamer, Nov 27, 2015.

1. daydreamer

daydreamer New Member

Hey there!
    Though I don't use too many apps, there are some that I love the most as they use the possibilities of my iPhone to the fullest. They are:
    Spyglass gps app. It uses augmented reality and looks amazing, like a pilot's HUD in a ****pit. it’s a great navigational toolkit for different purposes. You can use it as a waypoints tool, sextant, compass, rangefinder, speedometer, inclinometer and more. Very cool.
    Google translate. Though the app needs some polishing, it's still great for translating foreign signs, a menu or smb's speech.
    Wi-Fi Finder. You know, it's a necessity
    Evernote. It's really necessary if you have a lot of daily information to deal with.

I do not mention the apps that everybody has, like Instagram, Facebook, Skype and game apps.
    And what's your list of favorite and most useful apps?

2. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

My Data Manager, Evernote, SwiftKey, WhatsApp, Be Weather..... All very good at what they do

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Superimpose, Facetune, SwiftKey, KuaiBoard, TapaTalk, Launcher, AppShopper to name a few.

4. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I guess I should also add FlightAware, and CE Currency Exchange as being handy and efficient tools if one travels much

5. daydreamer

daydreamer New Member

Heard a lot about Evernote, I guess I need to download it. Thanks!

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Folks need to start playing this game differently. The tingling is palpable.

7. daydreamer

daydreamer New Member

Oh, man! Sorry, I wanted to write SwiftKey that dmoskaluk and Ledsteplin mentioned, not Evernote (I have Evernote, don't know why I typed it).

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Same number of letters! Close enough. :D

9. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

SwiftKey is certainly worth a try now that it's supported. It is almost bug free on my iPhone 6 ( iOS9.1) but still a bit glitchy on my iPad (original mini, also on 9.1) But in all honesty there were hiccups with the stock keyboard on my iPad anyhow, lots likely that it is a bit overwhelmed with the later iOS versions. But anything which helps me sort out my clumsy thumbs goes a long way. I found that on both devices, disabling the stock keyboard helped a lot, and does not inhibit the original keyboards use when needed for passwords and on Chrome. The stock keyboard will just show up in those cases.

10. daydreamer

daydreamer New Member

Thanks guys! I've just downloaded Swiftkey and now playing around with it.

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Interesting find just now - my Gmail App updated, update supposedly to fix bugs and to disable 3rd party keyboards 'a la Chrome' due iOS 9 bugs - however, and the good news is, my SwiftKey still works just fine. Leaves me wondering if the fact that I have deleted the stock keyboard it allows SwiftKey to run (??).... This applies to both my iPhone and iPad, on iOS 9.2...... My earlier deletion of the stock keyboard is also not an issue for passwords entry as it seems to bring it back up anyway, even though my keyboards selection in Settings remains only SwiftKey and Emoji... I'm relieved but a bit puzzled...

12. PorterKeyboard

PorterKeyboard New Member

Well, it really depends what you do with your phone. Since my phone is practically my office desk, the majority of screen space is dedicated to Evernote, Dropbox, and the Google Drive suite (it is a bit annoying that Google Sheets and Google Docs are two different apps).

When I want to have fun, I have Plague, Goat Simulator, Crossy Road, and Monument Valley

SwipeKey is great - a bit buggy at times, but all over pretty solid. We've been working on our own keyboard - PorterKey for awhile now, and any/all feedback would be awesome.

My favorites though would be Bill Guard - a budgeting and credit score app - and Day One. I used to keep a Diary when I was younger, and although I'm not great at writing in it everyday, it is an excellent resource if you do want help remembering and keeping pictures.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Do not push your Porter Keyboard app here. Thank you.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Spammers should never use a user name that is the same as the name of the product they're spamming. Noobs.