What are your favorite photo apps for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by chris, May 28, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'm in the process of writing up an article on the best photo apps for iPhone. I have a few that I swear by and testing a number of others. I want to make sure I don't miss any. What are your absolute favorite photo apps for the iPhone? What makes them so good?

Anything you got having to do with photo apps for iPhone, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

2. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

These are some of my favs Chris... ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1369775095.158252.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1369775111.085764.jpg
    Marble cam and tilt shift generator in the second pic though. On my iPhone 4 I like pano perfect too as the 4 doesn't support panoramas so I wanted something to allow me to take panoramas with my 4.

Sent using iCafe app

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I've ways liked Camera Plus Pro and use Slow Shutter for night time photos.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Filterstorm, photoforge2 and afterlight.
    You have these you don't need anything else. Filterstorm is great for noise reduction, i love the fact that it lets you adjust the threshold and not just the amount of noise you want, plus mask tool which I use all the time. Double exposure is probably my favorite feature, 5 gradient tools to chose from and color mask get the job gone flawlessly, great to take full control of your pictures. Photoforge is probably the most underrated photo app ever, don't know why people think its confusing, everything takes practice, levels and curves work better than any other app, including filterstorm. The app is not just that obviously, but it would take a day to explain how awesome that app is, all I can say is if you want to learn curves, learn it on photoforge2. Last Is afterlight. I love the filters, and with highlight tone, mild tone and shadow tone i always give the photo one final touch up and make the colors pop or fade with the fade tool.
    I didn't mention snapseed because I rarely use it anymore, selective adjust and vintage number 3 is the reason why I still keep it, or if I want a quick edit.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Snapseed is great. Mindi was using this app on one of my trips to see her and I loved what she was able to do with it.

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

It is a great app, and what makes it even greater is that it just works, and very intuitive.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You can also be very subtle with it, which is good.

8. alicepattinson

Bronze

I looooooove the PE-Fotolr and that's the only photo editing app I'm using :)

9. Sheel S

Sheel S New Member

Camera Plus Pro is my favorite.

10. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I like these:
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1370232576.382587.jpg

Fast Camera shots super fast consecutive shot until you stop it. Lets you get the action shots.

Capture starts video recording the second you start the app. Then save it to the camera roll when you press the home button.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

11. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

To make your camera work more like a DSLR try PureShot. A fun fantasy filter is Tangled FX.

12. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

ToonCamera is one that I really like that hasn't already been mentioned. One of our resident photography experts turned me onto it some time ago. I want to say it was ZR_Yancy but I'm not positive on that. Anyway, it's a fun app that puts a neat twist on your pics.

13. Jennifer Chesney

Jennifer Chesney New Member

Vine is my favorite app currently. I love how its similar to the social media apps like instagram etc. but its very different and unique in its own way.

14. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

15. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

In no particular order:

Snapseed
    Photoforge2
    Camera+
    TouchRetouch
    ToonCamera
    KitCam

16. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Genius Scan so I can scan my businesss receipts into a pdf file and not have to get to the office to scan them in and submit them. Also a big fan of SoundHound to find music.

Edit.
    Maybe I should read the title next time and actually respond, I thought it was favorite apps. I can't even count the number of photo apps that I have had at any given time, but ended up dropping most of them and just use the stock phot app for now.

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Looks great, I'm a bit hesitant after reading the reviews thou, apparently it doesn't play well on jailbroken devices.

18. RogersT

RogersT New Member

I'll have to check out Snapseed, thanks for the tip! I'm a slave for trends, so Instagram :D and I love this one I just got called Pixies. I haven't seen any photo apps that are similar to it, it was a great find.

19. Black Sheep Studios

Black Sheep Studios New Member

I love (removed) and puzzles and dragons

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Please read our forum guidelines concerning app promotion.