What Are Your Thoughts On The Keynote?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Hondamaker, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I thought the keynote went well despite the absence of Phil Schiller. As for Yosemite and iOS 8, did the announcement meet your expectations? I was really excited to see the many new features of both OS's.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I watched most of it and I was super excited about the features, especially finally being able to quick reply on iOS, and answer phone calls on OS X. :)

The presentation went very well in my opinion. Funny moments as well.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I thought it was a good WWDC. I always like hardware, even if its a MacBook or iMac that I'll never buy. It felt rushed. Maybe because I was blogging at the time, but it was like rapid fire new features, many of which were footnotes. Take Hey, Siri and the Shazam features. That slide was like, bing, boom -- on to the next.

I think many of the features will take time to truly appreciate, since they require developers.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This was the most enjoyable software-only WWDC I've seen. I really liked the useful enhancements Apple brought to iOS 8. It shows that Apple is paying attention to the jailbreak community.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I actually liked that it had that rush feeling to it. I mean, they can only explain and show the different features for so long. Once we install the software, we will then really get to dive into it and see it for ourselves.

6. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I was a little underwhelmed. I just feel like there could of and should of been more. Seems as if the new features are only good if you have a Mac. New Siri upgrades, and in app replying are nice. But other then that, what's else?

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Wow, Mac. Sometimes you amaze me.

8. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

The other nay-say investors must be killing my vibe.

SwiftKeys are also pretty cool. Though I can type pretty fast already. :D

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Take a look.

10. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

As my statement still stands, my main likes are in app texting, Siri, and swiftkeys. I don't own a mac nor do I use iMessage.

Spotlight May or may not be useful, will have to see when I actually get it installed.

All nice features, but let's hope fall is much more exciting.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Mac, fall is hardware. Today was software.I don't use a Mac, either, but I use iMessage all the time and love it.

You actually go by what "nay-say investors" say? Hahah!

12. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I am aware that today was software and fall is hardware. :) But, perhaps this isn't the thread for it, but I see no use in iMessage. Never have.

I'm an investor, and the vibes they are giving off must be rubbing off on me.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Then you're not a very wise investor. Read your history. Apple stock often falls immediately after a WWDC or hardware keynote. You don't live day-to-day in investing, especially at your age and level of investing experience, unless you want to lose money. Learn to see the long term.

14. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I know Apple falls on WWDC.

But, what I was implying and slightly ribbing ya was I'm saying this keynote was a little underwhelming. There are investors that say they think the company is done for and such, and maybe they are rubbing off on me .

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

How many investors are saying that? I've seen a lot of posts today from Apple shareholders who are excited as hell over the new software.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

17. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Better contact my broker. :rolleyes:

:)

18. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

Overall I enjoyed it. I really like the changes to Safari, seamless integration, Siri and touch id in app. I must admit I was surprised at the Imac dial out feature, it wasn't something I considered, but after the demo i'm looking forward to it.

One thing that gave me a lot of pride in being an Apple supporter, was when Tim said the youngest developer in the room was 13..... it's good to see a big company like Apple embrace and invest in young talent

19. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I thought the keynote was good. As a Mac user I appreciate how Apple is increasing functionality between iOS and OSX.

It's looking like Microsoft will be doing the same with the windows 8.1 family.

~S