What are your wishes, hopes and expectations for WWDC 2012?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
That's already possible. iHeart Radio gives the option to purchase the current song playing.

View attachment 23675
Ok. Sorry I didn't make it clear that I wanted it on oh let's see pandora or songza.
I heart radio is weak in my opinion.
If soundhound can have the interface everything should.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Ok. Sorry I didn't make it clear that I wanted it on oh let's see pandora or songza.
I heart radio is weak in my opinion.
If soundhound can have the interface everything should.
I thought you were referring to iOS 6 implementing that option to apps. It's up to the devs of Pandora and Songza to add that feature to the apps. I don't think it has anything to do with iOS.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Pandora always had this feature, as far as I can remember at least.
Paid version only I think? I know when I had paid version and still used pandora I used it occasionally and it didn't work well. The interface was wonky.

@ZR yes I agree it is an app thing but I feel in general that iOS aspect needs improvement when it comes to app interfacing and the Apple stock apps

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Paid version only I think? I know when I had paid version and still used pandora I used it occasionally and it didn't work well. The interface was wonky.

@ZR yes I agree it is an app thing but I feel in general that iOS aspect needs improvement when it comes to app interfacing and the Apple stock apps
No I have the free version. It would be nice if it didn't have to open iTunes, just directly buy from pandora, shazam etc...but that's never going to happen.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Just everything I have to JB for;
Bite SMS like lockscreen notifications
Complete control over stock button and alert tones
Expand Siri, perhaps even integrate her into the turn by turn map nav
Icon control
Status bar tweaking

Hey, gotta dream big.....

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I too would live to have turn by turn intelligent navigation. I am a big Navigon fan, but deplore having to load maps, etc. I know it's easy, but I often find myself out and realizing that I don't have maps for a certain city ..... Or even my own after a restore.

Surprised no one mentioned notification? They were better in iOS 5, but still not great. There is plenty of room for improvement. Now that webOS is dead, they can rip that feature from the rotting carcus.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
probably the only one out there, but for me, notification center is not a big deal.
I don't even have any of the Cydia tweaks for that.
Just not an important feature for the way I use my device

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
probably the only one out there, but for me, notification center is not a big deal.
I don't even have any of the Cydia tweaks for that.
Just not an important feature for the way I use my device
I thought Notification Center was pretty useless while my phone was stock, but I use all the time now that I've added a few Cydia tweaks.
c513d1eb.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'd like to see at least a couple of these features in iOS 6:
-The ability to reply to and send texts from the lock screen and from within apps
-Text wrap (my #1 request)
-Turn-by-turn navigation in the stock maps app or an 'Open in Navigon or TomTom' link in the stock maps app
-Have the folder automatically close after opening an app that's in a folder
-Option for invisible rotation lock
-Time stamps for all texts. They don't have to waste space. We could press and hold a texts that don't normally have a time stamp when we want to view the time.
-Quick toggles for settings
-Multitaskings gestures for things like the flashlight and phone favorites
-X's on by default on the apps in the task switcher and have fully closed apps appear subdued so we can tell which ones are really frozen/running
-Real-time data usage counter when tethering
-More customization options
-The ability to hide/poof stock apps, especially Newsstand since it can't even be put in a folder right now (stock).

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I'd like to see at least a couple of these features in iOS 6:
-Have the folder automatically close after opening an app that's in a folder
-Quick toggles for settings
-Multitaskings gestures for things like the flashlight and phone favorites
-X's on by default on the apps in the task switcher and have fully closed apps appear subdued so we can tell which ones are really frozen/running
-The ability to hide/poof stock apps, especially Newsstand since it can't even be put in a folder right now (stock).
Excellent additions.....

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
So who got all of their wishes come true?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Oh yeah? How much did you pay for the crowns? :D