what can I do if I want to upgrade

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
If I want to upgrade to 1.1.3 do i have to restore my iPhone first then upgrade or just go to iTunes and just press update

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you're jailbroken and you want to clean out all of the modified stuff, Restore first. If you don't care what's left, just update. You will loose you modifications regardless, and you'll have to re-jailbreak, should you want to.

- John

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
If you're jailbroken and you want to clean out all of the modified stuff, Restore first. If you don't care what's left, just update. You will loose you modifications regardless, and you'll have to re-jailbreak, should you want to.

- John
I thought as much. But if I do as recommended above, and re-jailbreak I will be in the same fix? The bottom line, I suppose is that if I want a jailbroken 1.1.3., as I have now, I'll have to do without YouTube? You would have though somebody out here would have a patch for this.

Thanks,
Michael

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I do believe there is a patch for this.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I thought as much. But if I do as recommended above, and re-jailbreak I will be in the same fix? The bottom line, I suppose is that if I want a jailbroken 1.1.3., as I have now, I'll have to do without YouTube? You would have though somebody out here would have a patch for this.

Thanks,
Michael
I actually posted this in the wrong thread. It should have been in the "iJailBroken 1.1.3, no YouTube?

Sorry