What can I expect when pre-ordering iPhone 6s through Apple?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
What's up everyone! It's that time of year again! Who's preordering through Apple? This is going to be the first time I'm going to do this as I normally wait in line on launch day but don't have the time for all that this year.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hey, Cj. Good to see you!

I will be pre-ordering through Apple. I greatly prefer it over waiting in line. We usually have quite a crowd here on pre-order night. Did you do Next, Edge or get a two-year contract last year and are you all set with eligibility?

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
This will be the first year I pre-order. Also going to give the iPhone Upgrade Program a try. I am tired of carrying a second number that I've literally (yes literally ;)) never made a call on, just so I can get a new phone every year.

RicK james

Bronze
Sep 5, 2011
I am with the Verizon Edge program and just paid off my phone completely. I think I will try getting the 6 plus S through apple and see how my experience goes for the first year, upgrading to the 7 etc

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Well, this will be the first time I won't be setting an alarm to get up at 3am. Having a newborn FTW! And who am i kidding, I'll still be setting my alarm.
Be careful. I did that last year and I was up earlier with my daughter but then I fell asleep on the couch and woke up 15 minutes late and didn't get one on release day and I ended up waiting in line at Best Buy. I would still set an alarm. :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Breaking into a nervous sweat, increased heart rate, and general anxiety until your order is confirmed with a launch day delivery date. :confused::cautious::eek:

Then, when you get confirmation, expect to do a victory dance (including fist pumps) like when your favorite team wins the World Cup, World Series, or Superbowl, etc. :D:cool::p:):ROFLMAO::laugh2:

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2009
Just curious, when I go through the motions of purchasing an iPhone through Apple, I don't see any option of buying it at the subsidized price with a two year contract (via AT&T). I'm eligible (according to the AT&T site) but not Apple. Anyone else see this?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just curious, when I go through the motions of purchasing an iPhone through Apple, I don't see any option of buying it at the subsidized price with a two year contract (via AT&T). I'm eligible (according to the AT&T site) but not Apple. Anyone else see this?
You can't pre-order with an AT&T contract through Apple this year. You'll need to pre-order through AT&T if you want to get a contract. You can do Bext or Apple's upgrade program through Apple.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I always enjoy seeing the UPS truck pull up, watching the driver get out and unroll the red carpet up to my front door, and seeing him genuflect as he hands me my new iPhone.

It's important to enjoy the little things.
Except when you're in Utah and they treat you like a peasant and let your phone sit in the back of the truck until 9:27 P.M. :D