What can you really get for $100 at Apple store ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
and is it really worth $ 100

any way it's a total ripp off
better not give anything than this $100 Steve-o notes

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007

why don't you actually take a look at the Apple store online before you post..and what do you mean is it really worth $100.. thats your call..if you think its not, then don't buy it.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
why don't you actually take a look at the Apple store online before you post..and what do you mean is it really worth $100.. thats your call..if you think its not, then don't buy it.
Like I said, nothing to see here people, move it along.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
didn't you buy the phone in the first place for 600 dollars

you mustve felt that this phone was worth it yes i be piss to i buy it price drops later on only if i waited, but you know this was coming no one expected it to be this fast but yes you bought it for that price and dind't think twice y care now? get over it

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007

You can get $100 dollars worth of credit on something that would say, cost you $1200. So you get it for $1100 which saves you exactly $100.

I know, it's tough to comprehend, but if you read it a couple of times it may sink in.

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
You can get $100 dollars worth of credit on something that would say, cost you $1200. So you get it for $1100 which saves you exactly $100.

I know, it's tough to comprehend, but if you read it a couple of times it may sink in.
haha i love it!
or i got a real brain-drainer. buy something for, say, $50, pay nothing, and still have $50 store credit. of course that would require going back to the store and using the credit again. . . . .

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007

you are right after reading twice you post
I was kind of desapoint as I was not going to buy anything at or $ 100
but since I need a laptop I will be saving $ 100
Apple you got me good this time

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
you are right after reading twice you post
I was kind of desapoint as I was not going to buy anything at or $ 100
but since I need a laptop I will be saving $ 100
Apple you got me good this time
If you get it on sale, say with a $50 saving, you can save maybe $50 more!:laugh2:

I just realized, if you had another coupon for $25, you could save even more!

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
If you get it on sale, say with a $50 saving, you can save maybe $50 more!:laugh2:

I just realized, if you had another coupon for $25, you could save even more!
This is crazy talk... I can't keep up. But tell me, what does it mean? Can I really get $100 or just credit? But is credit really $100? How much do those Jawbone headsets cost, like $120? Does that mean it will only cost me $20? I'm so confused...

:cool:

birkoff

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
I'm a PC type, but with a $100 credit I'll probably go
into the store and get a new low end Mac for $1100
for $1000 and give it to my girl friend so she can use
iphoto for her businesss. That's what I'd do.

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Steve Jobs sticks it to his customers......

Actually I find this a very brilliant and funny strategy. Once again, Steve Jobs demonstrates his ability to stick it to the customer, then "give back" a "credit" only to have it be totally useless for anything other than giving the money right back to him in the form of purchasing another product from Apple....LOL!

This guy is laughing all the way to the bank, thumbing his nose at everyone while chuckling how he got over on Joe or Jane consumer. Nice work Steve.... your true colors are showing their ugly side once again. Oh and by the way, no worries, they will keep coming back for more cool-aide. However you already knew that. Yay Apple....

Even more laughable is the fact that so many people take it and then defend Steve for his actions. Their must be a certain joy from choosing to be a lemming.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Actually I find this a very brilliant and funny strategy. Once again, Steve Jobs demonstrates his ability to stick it to the customer, then "give back" a "credit" only to have it be totally useless for anything other than giving the money right back to him in the form of purchasing another product from Apple....LOL!

This guy is laughing all the way to the bank, thumbing his nose at everyone while chuckling how he got over on Joe or Jane consumer. Nice work Steve.... your true colors are showing their ugly side once again. Oh and by the way, no worries, they will keep coming back for more cool-aide. However you already knew that. Yay Apple....

Even more laughable is the fact that so many people take it and then defend Steve for his actions. Their must be a certain joy from choosing to be a lemming.
y u b hatin

yyoo

Jul 12, 2007
You can buy headphones, headsets, CD or DVD media, carry bags, backpacks, books, software, cables for your TV, stereo, or computer (PC or Mac), a cheap printer that'll work with either your Mac or PC, etc., etc., etc.

For somewhat more than $100, you can buy name-brand digital cameras, external hard drives for your PC or Mac, video cameras, etc.

You sort of have to be living in a cave with no electricity not to be able to take advantage of $100 at an Apple Store.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
You can buy lots of things for $100. There's tons of cases to chose from. There's chargers and things like that. There's bluetooth headsets. There's portable speaker systems. And lots of other stuff. Quit your whinning. Geez.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2007
United States
Ok, first off, I know I haven't posted forever, hehe. On with the post...

1. You seem to be complaining about getting a $100 store credit for Apple. If you don't want to spend it, go right ahead.

2. I think this is actually genius marketing, as always, by Apple. Instead of giving us cash refunds, or even giving us nothing at all, they give us a $100 store credit. The catch is that, as you noted, there isn't much at an Apple store that is less than $100, other than some software. So basically, Apple is encouraging you to invest in their products of larger costs. It's either that, or they keep your money.

So either way, you win, and they win. You bought the product, and you are lucky you are getting something back, as Apple signed no agreement that the iPhone price would stay at $600. So that's that, case closed.

Personally, I am thinking about getting a MacBook Pro eventually, but I haven't yet decided.