What can't the iPhone do?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Oh god. Here we go again...

Copy and paste, MMS, Flash... to name a few.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
1. It can't mms without email
2. No video recorder
3. Can't send multiple pictures through email
4. Can't upload pictures
5. No voice by voice gps
6. Can't view flash related websites

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
2. No video recorder
4. Can't upload pictures
5. No voice by voice gps
What do you mean it can't upload pics? You just need the right app...

gadget22

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Cleveland,OH
Oh god. Here we go again...

Copy and paste, MMS, Flash... to name a few.
Hey Saverino, I bought the bold and, I love it.. Do you have a screen protector on yours and how is the desktop charger for it? Yes everyone I still have my iPhone3g as well.....:laugh2::laugh2:

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
It will do all of the above though. Apple won't risk losing customers due to those small problems. With so many other phones startig to come out with touch screens they finally have some real competition.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Hey Saverino, I bought the bold and, I love it.. Do you have a screen protector on yours and how is the desktop charger for it? Yes everyone I still have my iPhone3g as well.....:laugh2::laugh2:
I have the Bold as well and love it! I personally don't have a screen protector because the screen is too just gorgeous to muck up with a screen protector. And I also bought the charging pod, it's replaced my alarm clock! You see, when it's charging, the Bold automatically turns into a clock

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I don't have a screen protector for it... Doesn't seem TOO necessary...

What do you mean by desktop charger? The charging pod? If so, I don't have it. I just use the regular charger.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
2. No video recorder
4. Can't upload pictures
5. No voice by voice gps
It will do all of the above though. Apple won't risk losing customers due to those small problems. With so many other phones startig to come out with touch screens they finally have some real competition.
@OP:

While it's true that Apple can/will/should add all of these features via a Firmware update(which is free, in case you don't know), you should consider the phone based only on what it can do NOW, so that you're not disappointed later on when you have to wait for a lifetime and a half for what you were expecting. (just like a lot of the people here have. :p)

Dec 15, 2008
its battery, can't last long, and it can't be replace...

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
sure... You can replace the battery. You just need the right tools. Just like with the iPod.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
What are some of the things that the iPhone can't do that other phones can?
People are focusing on "what the iPhone is missing"...how about "what the iPhone can do better than other phones"...:)

These "missing" features is not going to kill you, - they will be able at the iPhone some day in updates from Apple...

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
It won't make me breakfast in the morning, nor will it take out the trash or dust. Why, oh why did I waste my money on such an inferior phone! ;)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
2. No video recorder
4. Can't upload pictures
5. No voice by voice gps
Thank you, however, you forgot one (NO ZOOM IN THE CAMERA).

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Is the BlackBerry Bolds screen scratchless also:eek:
I don't think so, because if it was, then they wouldn't have made such a fuzz about it in the Storm. Everyone's going like "OMG THE SCREEN IS SCRATCHLESS" lol. However, if I ever get the chance to buy either one, I'll go for the bold for sure. Screw all touch screen phones, never had a good experience with any.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
However, if I ever get the chance to buy either one, I'll go for the bold for sure. Screw all touch screen phones, never had a good experience with any.
I love my Bold and don't miss the touch screen of the iPhone much either :)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Damn man, you're lucky. I always wondered if there is a way to Software Unlock BlackBerry Bold (paid for) or a sim chip (like the iPhone's). If there are, how much can I buy a Bold for? In $USD.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Damn man, you're lucky. I always wondered if there is a way to Software Unlock BlackBerry Bold (paid for) or a sim chip (like the iPhone's). If there are, how much can I buy a Bold for? In $USD.
Hehe, thanks :)

I believe you can use the Bold on any GSM network, so all you would need is a SIM card from your phone company and voila! They aren't cheap (around $600 w/o a contract), so your best bet would be eBay.