What carrier is my iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by dreyeice, Feb 27, 2011.

1. dreyeice

dreyeice New Member

i bought this iPhone 4 locally and was supposed to be "unlocked" i got it for a good enough price that if i can find the carrier i may be able to re-sell it for more,

how would i go about doing that? in Settings>General>About for carrier info it says Noat available,

its model # MC605C
    Serial # 84042HDPA4T

in canada we have either Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell or Virgin to choose from. i tried Rogers, so it could be any of the other 4,

thanks for any help,

2. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

Telus Mobility. Most likely it is unlocked if you're not seeing a carrier listed.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

3. dreyeice

dreyeice New Member

is there any other info i could provide to narrow it down to one, i want to sell it on ebay, but i THOUGHT it was unlocked when i bought it, but idk,

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You may have got lucky when you tried it with the Rogers SIM. Try another SIM and then you will know for sure :)

What firmware is the phone on?

5. dreyeice

dreyeice New Member

i tried, solo, fido and rogers, all gave me one bar with no carrier name,

i have a bell sim i could try, and my friend is on telus i could try, but it would be wayy easier to know my the #'s on it :p

6. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Sounds more like dead SIM cards to me. If my memory isn't failing me, if you put in an unsupported SIM card, the phone would alert you of such, instead of doing what you described.

7. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

It is a locked iPhone. If you put one of those sims in and plug into iTunes. It will say they are not supported

8. turtleofdestiny

turtleofdestiny New Member

Have you tried calling Apple, giving them the IMEI and asking which carrier it is locked to? I've bought a bunch of second hand phones and often did this in order to quickly narrow down the right sim card to use to activate it.

9. Akash Radadiya

Akash Radadiya New Member

turtleofdestiny you don't need to go to Apple in case. I mean, we can chck d carrier online too. Go to: iPhoneoperatorcheck.com and got to enter the IMEi only and thats it. We get all the info in just secs, because it cums from Apple Server only.