What case should I get for my new iPhone 3GS?

jdkhgn

Bronze
Feb 6, 2009
I was thinking about getting a iFrogz luxe, but it seems like the round buttonish thing on the back would get annoying.
Does anyone have any cases they like and would recommend?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i've been using my iSkin Solo FX for a week, and really like it. It's kindof a hybrid between hard plastic cases and soft silicon cases. Best of both worlds.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wow that does look great with a white iPhone!

jdkhgn

Bronze
Feb 6, 2009
I'm getting a white iPhone too, it'll be here in 5 long days :(. acosmichippo does that case have a tacky feel to it?

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
incase slider works great not much bulk added at all and its pretty click so it wont get caught in your pocket etc. Also protects the top and chrome besel which was a must for me. no the buttons arent black the flash just made them look like that.
and im removing the Apple sticker tonight looks kinda out of place.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
incase slider works great not much bulk added at all and its pretty click so it wont get caught in your pocket etc. Also protects the top and chrome besel which was a must for me. no the buttons arent black the flash just made them look like that.
and im removing the Apple sticker tonight looks kinda out of place.

Someone told me that the new 3GS was a tighter fit in the Slider than the 3G. He had a hard time getting it out. Is that the "case" with yours?

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
That's rubbish. The 3G and 3GS have the exact same dimensions, so any 3G case will fit a 3GS. I have an incase slider on my 3GS and it fits just fine.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
Someone told me that the new 3GS was a tighter fit in the Slider than the 3G. He had a hard time getting it out. Is that the "case" with yours?
it fits perfect its a little snug but its supposed to be. I took the advice from someone on this forum and put a dab of chapstic with my finger on the rubber rails and that helped it come off. haven't had a single scratch or anything on the phone yet. Knocks on wood

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
The Solo case really does set off the white iPhone very nicely.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
The solo just doesn't look like it fits all that great. camera and the headphone jack are kinda uncentered. Probably doesn't effect the function that much but that would bother me.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
They are slightly off-center, but, no, it doesn't affect functionality at all.

badboy08

Jun 23, 2008
iPhone 3gs case

I use this case:

And i love it. It is a plastic case with a layer of leather in the back. It is slim, so it doesn't add much bulk to my iPhone 3GS.

Jun 24, 2009
solid slim case 3gs

thought i'd add a site that i got a couple cases from. im truly happy with it because it is a slim fit solid pretty durable plastic that actually covers all the way around! most cases don't do that they leave the edges uncovered! theres a lot of colors available and best part is theyre pretty damn cheap! haha i sound like a pitch man... :sneaky:

Jun 30, 2009
Me also used iFrogz Luxe a few days. But it becomes rough after a few days. So I left it. Now I am using my iPhone without any case. Thinking to grab a new one. Can't decide to grab which.