What case?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spud2007

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I want to buy a case that protects the chrome bezel. Do the silicone cases work well, attract dirt etc. If so what one, if not what one.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I was going to get a rubber case, but instead got the iSee hard case. It hardly adds any bulk to the phone itself, and I personally think it looks BETTER with the case as it compliments the phones design. I wouldn't trust the online pictures, the case itself is much more transparent. Go in to the store and have a look yourself - see if you can look at one out of the box.

I wasn't planning on a case as I like the aesthetic appeal of the iPhone's design, but after seeing this one on it I couldn't resist. :)

I want to buy a case that protects the chrome bezel. Do the silicone cases work well, attract dirt etc. If so what one, if not what one.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
The InCase rubber protective cover scratched the hell out of the bottom chrome portion on my phone. I do not recommend it.

To be fair, tons of people have no problem with this case at all, but I certainly did.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I just picked up an InCase in black today. So far, so good. It's grippy enough that the iPhone doesn't slide around in my hand, but not so grippy that it's hard to get it in and out of my pocket. As for attracting dirt, I guess I'll find out soon enough. I also bought a pair of those static cling screen protectors, so hopefully my iPhone will stay in decent shape for awhile.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
not trying to be a dick again, but you might check the accessories subforum, and also the reviews tab at the top of the page has a ton of good stuff about a lot of cases that have formal reviews.

my recommendation would be robhon's daytripper... www.zuluworks.com

Technine

Jul 15, 2007
I previously brought an Incase case, and it has been return. I have a problem with the silent switch kept turn on, when pull the phone in and out my pocket. Does you guy has the same problem? I want to know if this was just an isolated case, to decide either rebuy or wait the second generation case. Thank