What cases have you seen...

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I didn't mean it in a mean way. Just stating that I had my eye on that case also. But lets say you have it clipped to your belt and someone calls. Can you just flip it open and take the phone out? Because it doesn't look like it's strapped inside of the case. It seems like it would fall out if you opened the case while it was clipped to your belt.
Hmm... yes i was sorta worried about it falling out of the case when you open it also.:sick: Oh, and about that thing earlier. I posted the case after you had, thats why i was stupid (for not looking before posting).

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Does anyone know if Apple plans to make an OEM case?
Just an educated guess. No. It's probably not worth their time. They have enough irons in the fire as it is. Besides they make a ton o' cash off everyone else's cases they sell.

Making their own case would be a lot like poking their soft goods partners in the eye. Kinda like Microsoft did when they made the Zune.

(FYI, I don't sell my stuff through Apple.)

Mattl1900

Jun 15, 2007
i can see a problem already with all of these cases. will they not set off the proximity sensor just as if you were putting iPhone close to your face?

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
i can see a problem already with all of these cases. will they not set off the proximity sensor just as if you were putting iPhone close to your face?
I don't think it would be any different than putting it into your pocket.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
The shag carpet cases are for Paris Hiltons and idiots...the $60 one doesn't really look like its worth it. Id go with zuluworks...I still can't decide if I want a case or not yet or just wait till launch!

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
the proximity sensor is in the top ear speaker which is not ususually covered. and inn cases that do cover it they also cover the display.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
If you can afford them, Vaja cases are drool-worthy.
They don't a pic of the iPhone case yet, but you can see some of the others that they make at http://www.vajacases.com
I have one for my iPod and it is the best case I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
If you can afford them, Vaja cases are drool-worthy.
They don't a pic of the iPhone case yet, but you can see some of the others that they make at http://www.vajacases.com
I have one for my iPod and it is the best case I've seen.
Nice cases definitely, but I'm not sure I want a case where the phone is in it permenately (sp). I want to be able to enjoy the styling of the phone but at the same time, protect it in times where extra protection is required (inside my softball bag, in a backpack, etc).

Marware seems to fit that bill, however the proximity sensor thought is an interesting issue...

Last edited by a moderator:

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Marware seems to fit that bill, however the proximity sensor thought is an interesting issue...
Honestly, the proximity sensor should not be a problem for any of the cases on the market. The only thing the proximity sensor does is turn off the screen. It doesn't turn off the other features of the phone.