What circuitous route has your iPhone 6 taken?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Skb2000, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

My iPhone 6+ was supposed to have arrived today. Didn't get here. It seems it is taking the scenic route. From China it went to Korea then to Ankorage,AK. From there it has disappeared.
    Where has your iPhone 6 been?

2. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

LOL I bought my 6 in the Apple store and haven't got tracking yet on my plus model however I am sure it took that same scenic route at some point as well. It's actually kind of odd that they come straight from overseas to Alaska? Really you think it would arrive at some major Apple HUB in a big city or something but Alaska?

3. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

This was suppose to be a fun post.. a bit of levity in the seriousness of getting your phone! Where is everyone?

My Phone is on the truck... it went from Anchorage yesterday to Louisville KY to Phoenix AZ to Tempe AZ to get to me in Scottsdale AZ. That phone is more traveled than some people I know.

Play!!! Life is not always so serious.

4. KenSolo

KenSolo Member
    Bronze

Mines is still in Louisville KY. Suppose to be delivered to Houston TX today. UPS tracking updates sucks.

5. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Pretty much the same route. China to Korea to Anchorage Alaska to Louisville, KY to Orlando then trucked to Melbourne Fl and then on a truck for delivery to me a little bit north. Left on 9/19 and was delivered to me on 9/25.

6. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Actually it doesn't but you are welcome to your opinion. The real issue is rules that apple places upon carriers.

Please note that delays can be due to special Apple operating plans, not due to problems with the physical movement of the package.

iPhone shipments are part of multi-piece shipments. Due to special Apple operating plans, scheduled delivery dates fluctuate on U.S. imports. The scheduled delivery date may continue to update until the package enters the U.S. and clears customs. Once the package arrives in the U.S. and has cleared customs the scheduled delivery date should no longer fluctuate.

I am victim of this as well and my 6+ has been rescheduled until tomorrow due to these circumstances.

Sent using iCafe app

7. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

That is the "normal" route, and delay in UPS updates will occur after the AK info. You still have a few states to go...;)

09.19.14- iPh6 Plus (UPS-9 edit).jpg

8. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I am actually in Louisville so mine just has to go from the airport to the Bluegrass Center tonight and then to my front door tomorrow ;)

9. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

Sorry...my post was RE Skb2000...but great news!! Fun day tomorrow:)