jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
ok bored ..

what college did/do yo go to?

ill start

University of California, Davis

Majored in Mexican American History and Film Studies....

ok, who's next..

OK, I'll bite. I went to Calvert Hall College in Towson, MD. Actually it is a high school but they call it a college because University prep schools in the 1840s when it was founded were traditionally called Colleges. In 1968 I went on to University of Maryland at College Park and began a major in Electrical Engineering. I got such a good education at Calvert Hall that I practically skipped the first two years at UM including all the chem, calculus and physics. If you recall (or read ancient history) those were years of civil unrest and I was fairly active in SDS Weathermen during Vietnam, so I didn't get much done in class. After the riots following the Kent State shootings the University allowed students to wipe any missed classes and make changes to their declared majors, if needed. I changed my major to Criminology and finally graduated after almost 5 years. That sure was an interesting time...

jj, you have to tell us more about UC Davis and I'd like to know more about your film studies. Are you involved in that field?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Kinda obvious I guess from my name. I went to Texas A&M University from 1995 to 2000. Majored in Construction Science.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
UALR. University of Arkansas little rock. Go Trojans go!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
started at Univ. of Missouri... hated it, then transferred to Webster U here in St Louis. For my first two years, I was a jazz performance major, then biology for a year, and now I have finally settled on Computer Science and Mathematics.

I can't wait to get out.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
UC Davis is a cool place in a nice small college town.. i really enjoyed going there.. the summers are too hot for me though.. other then that it is a very nice town to live in...

as for the film stuff...

im in the process right now with the application to grad school in film...

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
UC Davis is a cool place in a nice small college town.. i really enjoyed going there.. the summers are too hot for me though.. other then that it is a very nice town to live in...

as for the film stuff...

JJ I almost went to davis. I got accepted but then I decided I did not want to do psychology, I wanted to be an RN. It is sad, because I could have graduated by now, but instead I am struggling to get into a nursing program like thousands of other people in california. I am currently attending CSU East bay (formerly hayward) and will have my BS in health sciences soon. Then perhaps I will take an accelerated RN program and have two degrees. (I already have 3 associates degrees... lol)

Johnny apple

Bronze
Mar 12, 2008
NYC
I went to nyu but left cause of financial issues now i have my own businesss

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
berklee college of music.... majoring in music production/engineering and music synthesis.

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas

as for the film stuff...

My cousin went to Vet school at Davis.....Has a practice near Grass Valley, if you know where that is!

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
My cousin went to Vet school at Davis.....Has a practice near Grass Valley, if you know where that is!
I know where grass valley is! It is pretty far away from sacramento and davis so I don't know if Jj would have heard of it....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
ok bored ..

what college did/do yo go to?

ill start

University of California, Davis

Majored in Mexican American History and Film Studies....

ok, who's next..
Auburn University - Mechanical Engineering

Columbus State University - Middle Grades Education

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Georgia Tech, class of 1987. Majored in Information and Computer Science.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
berklee college of music.... majoring in music production/engineering and music synthesis.
That's cool. ^

I started at University of Florida as an undecided, but became a Music Education major. Got an AA there.

Moved to Tampa with my then Fiance (now husband), transferred to University of South Florida. BA is in Music Education.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
I love salinas, the country club they have their is friggin amazing! I will be attending UCLA next year studying Pre-Med.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
This is a cool topic... Ok I have a long story here...
I went to Middlesex Community College... WHOOOHOOO. I have around 12-15 credits. I started there when I was 24 years old. I did not go right from high school due to a great paying job right out of college... I was a retail manager for a sports memorabilia company making $30,000 a year at 18... I worked my way up to $38,000 by the time I was 22... A couple of years later my girlfriend, now wife got me going to college which was not easy when I was working 40 to 45 hours a week, but I took one, sometimes two classes a semester. Then I changed jobs, the worst and best decision in my life was to work for WALMART... I got paid $60,000 a year gained lots of experience but busted my ass and had to quit school.. I was working 65 to 80 hours a week... Walmart killed me and quit once I got hired at my current job now making $51,000 a yr...so I am stuck in retail at the age of 27.. I wish I went right from high school but with money like that at 18 who would... I now hope to get a job with recruiting for jobs (human resources)I have 10 years experience in management so I have something to show, but they always look for that college experience... Wish me Luck...

Looking to move to North Carolina so if anyone there has a contact around the Raleigh area hook it up