What color iPod touch 5 should I get?

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by chris, Jan 31, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Don't laugh, but I've been using a Zune HD for the past few years. I was a sucker for the Metro interface, but now it's getting a bit long in the tooth. I took it to CES and now it's on eBay (currently at $207!). I have a 16GB iPhone 5, but I've never been a big fan of using it for music. Reason being I'm always doing updates, filling it with photos/videos, restoring and various testing of stuff. I like the idea of a dedicated device and given Apple's lack of interest in updating these on a consistent basis, I figure it'll be current for at least a year or two.

I'm not going big this time around. Not going to get unneeded space, just so I can fill it with music I rarely if ever listen to.

Normally, I would get black/slate -- but that's the same color as my iPhone 5. If and when I sell my iPad 4, I'm going for the black/slate iPad mini. Still on the fence on that one. For me, black is important on larger devices where I'm going to watch movies every so often. Not so much with an iPod touch.

When I reviewed the iPod touch, I went with Silver/White. That's where I'm leaning, but I saw fury went with the blue. That's sorta, kinda my other choice.

Anyone have the silver/white? Have another color? Which color would you get?

BTW, did you see the $50 off deal at Shoprite?

2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Blue is the new hotness. I only wish it had a black face with the blue case. That would be super ultra awesome. (It'd match my car, too)

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

That's the one that has me torn. Silver/white is the safe choice. Blue is outside of my typical safe zone. I saw the pic you posted and two things came to mind. 1. I'm not crazy for having an iPhone and iPod touch -- or we're both crazy. 2. Blue looks pretty hot.

4. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I'm a special kind of crazy. I need to have all of the models to be able to do my job.

But I can still see the appeal for non-crazy people. Dedicated music device has its advantages. Something for the kids to play with that won't tie up your iPhone, too.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I really like the blue iPod Touch.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

So many choices. Damn you Apple!

overview_hero.png

7. kaelinlei

kaelinlei Member
    Bronze

I really liked the blue but ending up getting the pink. Now, I kind of wish I had gone with the blue!

Sent using iCafe app

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

This commercial helps sell the blue.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Hey guys, what is the purpose of the round metal circle on the lower left side on the back of the iPod?

Sent using iCafe app

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

That's for the strap/lanyard thingy.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Oh ok thanks Chris

Sent using iCafe app

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Looks like blue sold out, so it made my decision for me. Part of the reason I'm picking this is also for 'work', that being case reviews and such for the site. Having a neutral color helps when having to photograph cases which are an assortment of colors.

The Zune HD is up to $230 with 13 hours to go. My guess is that it'll close around the same price I paid for the 32GB iPod touch. :D

13. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Guys, I have a question. I just bought a slate iPod Touch at Best Buy. Is the front supposed to be white on all the iPods? The one I got is black on the front. Everywhere I look the fronts are white no matter what the back color is.

14. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

My vote would be for the blue as well if I was buying an iPod. Add some color to your iDevices :)

15. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The only one with the black front is the slate. All the others are white.

16. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Ahh! I see. Thank you! I was originally going to get silver but they didn't have any.

17. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Did you go 64GB or 32GB?

18. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I went with the 32GB. Should be plenty for just my music. Loading it up as we speak. :)

19. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Nice. Enjoy.

According to iTunes, I have 1183 albums that weigh in at 64.22 GB. Mind you there is a ton of crap in there. Before this ships, I need to think of some creative ways to utilize all of the iTunes music management so that I get the most from that 32GB. To start, I think omitting a bunch of artists will bring that number down significantly.

20. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Thanks! You too. I have a lot of music in there too. I don't know where it says how much though. Still getting used to the new iTunes. Going through and putting check checks in the boxes so it only syncs that music. Making a bunch of playlists too.