What color watch face do you find the most universal?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kerriberri, Sep 17, 2015.

1. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

As far as the color of the face..silver, gold, rose gold. I'm getting an Apple Watch tonight and although I think I'm pretty sure I'm getting the 42mm aluminum I'm not sure which color face to choose. I can always change the band out so that's not a big deal color wise. I'm torn between the gold and the silver..the rose gold is too pink for me I think. Which face do you think would match more variety of bands if I choose to swap them out? I really love the gold face with the antique white band but that doesn't come in a 42mm and the 42mm gold face has a navy band...ugh....the decisions

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I have the silver aluminum sport. I think it has the most potential to not clash with too many colors.

3. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

Thank you...I went with the silver aluminum..liked it best

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I just got a watch I choose the rose gold one. Hoping the aluminium is the stronger variety they use now in the phones.
    I have not even used it. I thought it looked very pink too. I ordered the phone in pink too. It will be very girly looking. I got the Moto 360, and LG G and Pebble too. Not every day has to be girly.
    By the way Android wear is now available on iPhone too.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Man, I am kicking the CRAP out of myself!!! I got my Apple Watch for Father's Day. I got silver.

But now, there's GOLD!!! I want GOLD!! It's probably a good thing I was out on a cruise and not watching when this was first announced. Matter of fact, I didn't even know there was GOLD until last night when I started watching the Keynote.

I'm so torn as to what to do now!!! I WANT GOLD!!!!! I must have matching iPhone, iPad and Watch. I'm even about to get a new MacBook. Any guesses as to what I might get?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you considered selling it on Craigslist or eBay and then getting a gold watch? Might be an option if you don't want to wait for next year. The silver is nice if you decide to stick with it. I actually prefer to have different colors on my iPad and iPhone rather than matching. Are you getting an iPhone 6s Plus?

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Yeah, if I get serious enough about it, I'm sure I could sell the Silver.

As far as the 6s Plus is concerned, I'm undecided. As I previously mentioned, I missed the keynote due to being on a cruise, and I'm not to the part where they talk about the new features, etc. yet, nor have I done enough reading to know for sure what I'm going to do. I didn't pre-order, cause I got off the boat on Friday morning and played in SoCal all day, so still didn't have time to research. The few things I did see and hear that day made me think I can wait.

Of course, I've been on the fence before, and then found myself 2nd in line at 4:30 AM on launch day with all the other Apple-Aid drinkers. That may be my option next week as well. Only one problem. I volunteered to substitute teach a class that day for a friend of mine that goes from 6:30 AM to 7:20 AM. Last night I told someone they may have to either sub for me, or sit in line for me. ;)

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, you could always wait in line and get one in the store on launch day. Think you'll get regular gold again if you do get it? I ended up ordering the Rose Gold this year. I've had Space Grey the past two years.

9. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I will definitely stick with GOLD if I upgrade.

10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

This year I actually think it's worth going to the store. With Apple upgrade program many will have ordered phones to pick up that day, just to find their credit approval did not go through.