What computer do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What computer do you have?

• Macintosh, planning to stay

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Macintosh, planning to switch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, planning to stay

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other, planning to switch

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I don't have one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Dual 2Ghz G5. I'd like to move to a MacIntel and will probably do so when they update the Mac Pro series. Leopard and a new Mac Pro would be nice.:p

Seattle18

Jan 27, 2007
Seattle
I have a black MacBook 2GB RAM, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 80 GB Hard Drive, with PArallels and Windows XP Pro (unfortunately still need this for my BlackBerry software - but soon that will not ne necessary!). I love this system, but I am selling it to replace it with a newer one - a white 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 120 GB hard driveand 2 GB RAM, and a dual layer SuperDrive. My girlfriend is getting one like this, so I have to have one as well. She can't have a better system thn I have! Also, the black one is smudged like crazy, I can't stand it - a pet peeve - so I am going back to the white ones.

Limatoones

Jan 30, 2007
Philly, PA
Checking in as a proud owner of a MacBookPro with 1g ram and intel processor.

After moving to an all Mac working environment and finding a new love for the MAC I decided to get one for my home computer and I'm SO glad that I did.
My husband thinks I'm cursed when it comes to PCs. I've crashed every one I've ever touched.
I THOUGHT about waiting until Leopard came out but thought, "hey, this computer has more than enough power, smarts, guts, whatever, to take about 100 times more than I'll ever ask of it, so, why not."
As my mother always said, "If you wait for the perfect time you'll never do anything."

I've had it for almost 6 months now and I have never been disappointed. I will NEVER go back to "the old life."

MikeT77

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Dell Inspiron 700m, but a Windows PC is getting annoying. I bought this in July 2005, and regret not getting the Apple equivalent. I like this thing (the most attractive part was the size - 12 inch screen and 4.1 pounds - very easy to take on trips and stuff), but windows is so bogged down with BS and Norton updates make the system non-responsive while they download...

Well I have a MacBook Pro, it's about a month old.

Then I have three HP computers. One is a ZD8000 3.0GHZ 17" I use that for downloading all kinds of things from the net.

I also have a HP DV6000, it's a dual core with 2GB ram, very nice laptop with XP media center.

Then I have an old HP desktop, haven't used it in about a year and a half, it's an old Pavilion 7970.

All of the laptops I use dailey so your poll doesn't fit me. Until I get either one of the new iMacs or another MBP, I gotta use XP laptops and the Mac.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Custom built about 4 years ago.. and its doing fine.

Windows Vista (Desktop)
Intel 2.6 P4 w/ HT (over clocked to 2.8)
P4P800 Asus Mobo
2gb Corsair
300bg of HD space (1 SATA & 1 IDE)
ATI 9800pro 256mb

Windows XP (Notebook)
Acer C300 tablet PC

I might look at getting a Pre owned MacBook from a co-worker
Just so i can play around on OSX and get familiar with Mac OS's

gmoney

Jul 27, 2007
My family has four computers.

1. 20" white iMac with 2.00 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor with 1 gig ram and 250 GB HardDrive. Mac OS X Tiger. It is the white model, but it works fabulously and I don't plan on getting the new iMac. I use this for all my movie and music and school work. (the dictionary widget is so helpful)

2. Dell XPS 710 (the huge black box with blue LCD Lights) It has a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB memory, 250 GB hardrive and an 17" stunning flat panel screen. Windows Vista Home Edition and a 256MB nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS graphics card. This computer is a beast at performance and albeit huge, looks extremely cool.

3. Dell Inspiron Laptop- This laptop is about 5 years old, but it actually works very well, as I upgraded it to 1 Gig ram and 80 GB hard drive. It is bulky but works well for MS Office on the road. 14" screen.

4. Dell Inspiron 9200 Laptop- My brother just got this froma scholarship for college. It has 1 gig ram, 2.00 GHz processor, 80 GB Hard Drive.It is actually pretty nice (especially cause it was free:laugh2:)

sealevel

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Belleair, Florida
Old G4 550 Digital Audio for the house. To be replaced shortly by a new iMac 2.8 core duo extreme.

White G5 iMac 1.8 for the office.

MacBook 1.8 Core Duo for my wife - so we can video conference when she's on the road.