What custom ring tones and alert tones are you using?

Discussion in 'Themes' started by iPutz, Feb 10, 2014.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

My wife and I both have iPhones and I also have an iPad. We regularly get together with friends and family many of whom also have iPhones and when anyone's phone rings or blurts out an alert tone we were all grabbing our phones and looking at each other with the same thought in mind--"Was that my phone or yours?" So I did some research and figured out how to create and use custom ringtones and alerts. So now I know for sure if it is my phone or someone else's. I looked around the site and couldn't find any similar threads so, what custom ringtones and alert tones do you use? I'll list a few of the tones I am using in a moment and I am not against stealing someone else's ideas for custom ringtones and alert tones so if you're willing, post what custom tones you're using for what. Some of the tones I'm using are:

Mail alert...the original AOL "You've Got Mail" e-mail alert.

Text Message alert...Star Wars Yoda saying "A message from the Dark Side you have."

Ringtone for my crazy brother-in-law...the chorus line from the old song "They're coming to take me away ha, ha, they're coming to take me away ho, ho."

Work is naturally the chorus line from..."Take This Job and Shove it."

I'm sure there are many better ideas out there among you and again, I have no aversion to stealing your ideas so, if you're willing, post what you're using for the rest of us to get a chuckle or idea from.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I use what I call the "CTU" ringtone from 24 for my general ringtone. It's always easy to hear and grabs my attention.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

For my default ringtone I use the "Old Phone" ringtone but I have used my PC to rework it to raise the volume by about 60% and then dropped it back on the phone. The volume, when the phone rings, is noticeably louder but not distorted. My only real complaint about iDevices in general is the lack of volume from the built in speaker. Unless I carry my phone in a shirt pocket, speaker up, it is difficult to hear it ring in all but the quietest places.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's why I have this bad boy.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's a good ringtone. I've been using it for about five years.

I didn't watch 24, but I plan on watching the new season they are going to do. I've heard lots of good things about Chloe. ;)

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You remind me of Chloe - without the personality disorder. :D

And Jack... Well, Jack is Chuck Norris' worst nightmare.

Jack+Bauer.jpg

Chuck-Finds-Out-He-Lost-The-Role-Of-Greg-Brady.jpg

7. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I use part of the song UNDO from Fullmetal Alchemist, starting at about :19 in for my ringtone. :)

I have a bunch of other silly ring/text tones that I pulled from favorite movies too. Sixteen Candles, Spaceballs, FPS Doug, Breakfast Club, Office Space, Kindergarten Cop etc. Never a dull moment!

8. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Main ringtone is Star Wars Imerial March (of course)

Incoming txt alert is Worf from ST:TNG announcing "Captain, Incomming Message"

Mrs Snowtrooper's incomming txt and ring alerts are custom sound bites from Invader Zim

Sent mail is R2D2 "shutdown"

Boss's ringtone is Darth Vader "breathing"

#8 snowtrooper1966, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  9. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I especially like your last one, hope your boss never mistakenly calls you while you're both in the same room. Another one I use is for calendar alerts, it's the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn saying "Pay attention to me boy, I'm not just talking to hear my head roar!" I'm still looking for a good use for the same character saying "That boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball."

10. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I just figured out that an iPhone can do individual custom ringtones for incoming texts, interesting possibilities?!?!

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

notifications
    People think it's my child calling me LOL