What did you Cook today?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Today I tried to recreate Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish. Overall, it came out good. It needs a bit more kick and I might try baking the shrimp next go around.

bang-bang-shrimp.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I made this last night. I have fond memories of going asparagus hunting with my parents and siblings when I was a kid. It grew wild out by The Great Salt Lake, which is near where I grew up. These little store-bought, commercially-grown, woody ones pale in comparison to the fresh, soft, flavorful, one-inch diameter stalks we would harvest for free every spring, but I like grilling it and always reminds me of our vegetable-hunting endeavors and the grocery bags of it that we would go home with.

image.jpg

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I made this last night. I have fond memories of going asparagus hunting with my parents and siblings when I was a kid. It grew wild out by The Great Salt Lake, which is near where I grew up. These little store-bought, commercially-grown, woody ones pale in comparison to the fresh, soft, flavorful, one-inch diameter stalks we would harvest for free every spring, but I like grilling it and always reminds me of our vegetable-hunting endeavors and the grocery bags of it that we would go home with.

View attachment 35821
That looks awesome! I love having those two things together, in fact, I just added them to my grocery list. I'll probably bake the salmon and steam the asparagus though.

Cool story about "hunting" the asparagus. I can picture y'all "stalking" your prey. :D

Reactions: Europa

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
We've been having fried shrimp cravings for a while. Went a long way to satisfy those cravings. Great flavor and just the right amount of bite. Would have made a great po boy if we could find decent french bread around here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394927971.189246.jpg

Reactions: Kadelic and chris

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
That big thing is an artichoke?! Where's the carbs?!?! :)
Speaking of artichokes, I had my first whole artichoke at Mindi's while I was visiting. I really wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I loved it. The method of eating one definitely requires a tutor (thanks, babe!). It was fun to eat and it was delicious.

Here's a pic of the artichokes with Mindi's porcupine meatballs (no porcupines were harmed in the making of this dish), rice, and garlic bread. Delicious.

meal.jpg

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
As a college student, I rarely cook unless you count french toast or a grilled cheese sandwhich. I had California cheeseburger sliders for lunch today. That is hamburger, american cheese, pineApple, and guacamole on a bun.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
As a college student, I rarely cook unless you count french toast or a grilled cheese sandwhich. I had California cheeseburger sliders for lunch today. That is hamburger, american cheese, pineApple, and guacamole on a bun.
Yeah we don't have access to a kitchen. Never have. It's there, but no access.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Speaking of artichokes, I had my first whole artichoke at Mindi's while I was visiting. I really wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I loved it. The method of eating one definitely requires a tutor (thanks, babe!). It was fun to eat and it was delicious.

Here's a pic of the artichokes with Mindi's porcupine meatballs (no porcupines were harmed in the making of this dish), rice, and garlic bread. Delicious.

View attachment 36635
Why are they called "porcupine" meatballs? I'd love to try them.