What did you Cook today?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's called a hasselback potato. Real easy. Level off the bottom and remove the ends of a potato. Using chopsticks to prevent cutting through completely, slice into 1/8" slices. Rinse between cuts with water or they'll just glue back together again. Nuke 5-10 minutes until softened throughout. Drizzle with oil and bake at 400-450 until it starts to crisp a bit... about 10 minutes. I topped mine with a blend of saltines, butter, and feta cheese and broiled another 5 minutes.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I splurged and spent some reward points on my credit card tonight. Finally got myself a good food processor that can make dough. My life in the kitchen is about to become a lot easier and I can finally start making my own soft pretzels! I'm very excited...

RedWritingHood

Bronze
Jan 22, 2011
MO
Documentaries will make you feel as though you can't do anything right. I watched one on how bad meat is for you (...or something), so I thought I'd make a meatless entree for dinner.

... black beans, fresh tomatoes, zucchini, cilantro ... Brown rice on the side.

Tasted awful. Looks pretty, though, eh?
:D

Attachments

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
Documentaries will make you feel as though you can't do anything right. I watched one on how bad meat is for you (...or something), so I thought I'd make a meatless entree for dinner.

... black beans, fresh tomatoes, zucchini, cilantro ... Brown rice on the side.

Tasted awful. Looks pretty, though, eh?
:D
Lol a good meal, it's sucks for me being a culinary student whose vegetarian so I have to have my class mates and teachers taste food if I have to cook meat. I do eat fish sometimes but that's it so more Pescetarian if you will

iOS 5.1 & ICS lover

ericsinsideout

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
I forgot to take pictures, what with all the chaos and all goin on, but I had a bbq on saturday and I cooked the following.

Smoked Brisket
baby back ribs
bbq chicken
home made bbq sauce
thai cucumber salad
grilled potatoes wedges
grilled asparagus
and an orzo pasta salad.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Lol a good meal, it's sucks for me being a culinary student whose vegetarian so I have to have my class mates and teachers taste food if I have to cook meat. I do eat fish sometimes but that's it so more Pescetarian if you will

iOS 5.1 & ICS lover
I hope you don't mind me asking, but how can a vegetarian eat fish? I was under the impression that vegetarians choose to be so not because meat is bad for them, but because they are against killing animals and eating their meat.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There's a lot of different reasons people choose to be vegetarian or at least partially vegetarian. Some people just don't like pork or red meat.