What did you get for Christmas? I got BEER!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
What did you get for Christmas?!

I got a bunch of awesome cook books, enough gift cards from Amazon to buy a medium size LCD HDTV...

...and my girl bought me a microbrew 12-pack-a-month package.
I might have to ask her to marry me after this! :mad:

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :) :laugh2: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Here at my Grandparent's I haven't really gotten much; a nice bottle of wine, about 10 iTunes gift cards, and several shirts and pairs of pants.

However, we have a tradition of putting one big, expensive thing under our tree at home for each other. I'm hoping for a big, shiny Mac sitting there. I'm tired of the Mac Mini.

Merry Christmas!

BTW - Another tradition we have, kind of weird, and I can't say I really like it. My grandmother likes to serve her giant ( and I do mean giant) Turkey dinner at 2 in the afternoon, which a in about twenty minutes. We always end up ordering pizza around 7.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Same here, we will eat at 2:00 and then open presents afterwards so I have no idea what I got yet. That tradition has been handed down several generations.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Lot of clothes, some real good books. We all (wife, in-laws etc tend to concentrate on the littler ones - our daughter is 4.5, niece is 5, nephew is 5, another 2 year old niece - so they all made out like proper little bandits :)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
A nice pair of oakleys, iTunes giftcard, golf clothes, maple syrup (from my bro in Vermont), cash, a Burberry purse...

I had a pretty nice Christmas. I also had a really nice time with my family.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, I'll be heading home in about 2 hours, so I'll post back later with what's waiting under that tree.

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
well since my parents are divorced, i get two Christmas'

Dad's X-mas
xbox 360
A&F gift cert
Halo 3
Assassins Creed
money

Mom's Xmas
Wii
Lacoste shoes
radar detector (i need this most)
best buy gift cert

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Gah, no Mac this year. I just got a hiking kit that I'll probably never use.

Perhaps I'll just buy myself the Mac. That raise in Apple stock sure gave me some extra dough.

- John

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
well since my parents are divorced, i get two Christmas'

Dad's X-mas
xbox 360
A&F gift cert
Halo 3
Assassins Creed
money

Mom's Xmas
Wii
Lacoste shoes
radar detector (i need this most)
best buy gift cert
Man, you made out! A 360 and a Wii? Nice. I also have both - you'll probably end up playing the 360 more, depending on what type of games you like...

Gom33

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
here is my contribution...

switcheasy case and clip (from wifey)
bullova watch
clothes
gift card
skullcandy earbuds (alreayd modded them to use with the stock clicker!)

my wife:
canon EOS Rebel XTi (from me)
clothes
ring
makeup

my baby daughter:
clothes
earings
money
toys
toys
toys
toys
did i mention toys?

lol... it was a great christmas for us since it was my daughter 1st Christmas. I wasn't expecting anything from anyone but it was a big surprise when my wife gave me her gift to me! Something very simple that I LOVE!

oh yeah... my wife and i got our iPhones for eachtoher as an early xmas present, lol, about a month and half early! i love it! even though i told her that that was it since it was 399.99 i still had to get her something, lol...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Man, you made out! A 360 and a Wii? Nice. I also have both - you'll probably end up playing the 360 more, depending on what type of games you like...
yeah man i really did. divorced families FTW! lol

and once Super Smash Brothers Brawl comes out... there will be no separating me from my Wii.