What do these rating numbers mean?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
So there are conflicting numbers on your profile and the user block...

See attachments...what is the difference? What does the 264 represent? Are those just "likes" and the 379 are all ratings received? Not a big deal just curious. :(

264.jpg

379.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Correct, it only lists the likes.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
So then in the second example above (user card) the +379 = all likes, funny, agree, informative etc. and the 6 = dislikes? Is this correct?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
So then in the second example above (user card) the +379 = all likes, funny, agree, informative etc. and the 6 = dislikes? Is this correct?
Your "6" = dislikes + disagrees.

Go to your profile page and you can see that they will match up with these:

Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 10.03.50 AM.png

"Neutral" means negative, by the way. I don't know why they don't just say that.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Your "6" = dislikes + disagrees.

Go to your profile page and you can see that they match up with these:

View attachment 43332

"Neutral" means negative, by the way. I don't know why they don't just say that.
Ahhhh..the mysteries of life are solved --- almost...

How come you can't see who gave the rating in the post? Ima hunt down the six people who gave me bad ratings. :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ahhhh..the mysteries of life are solved --- almost...

How come you can't see who gave the rating in the post? Ima hunt down the six people who gave me bad ratings. :D
You can see who gave the negative ratings, though it's too late now. First, you'll see an alert at the time of the rating. It tells you who gave it. If you missed the alert, there is a second way, as long as it is near the time it was given. Go to Members then Recent Activity. You can do this on mobile Safari or the full site. It gives you a timeline of all forum activity. Scroll through that until you see the rating you're looking for. I use this second method to see who gave negative ratings to other members since name is not shown next to the ratings. I also sometimes use it to see who agreed with or gave an informative rating to others since those don't usually have a name next to them, either.
image.jpeg

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I think it's intentional—to avoid arguments out in public posts that might make the forum look unprofessional.

Use Europa's method, but if you're past the window where you can still see them using that method, then I'm sure you can slip Napoleon a C-note and he'll dig up the information for you.

As far as the hunting down, I know a guy. Extremely discreet. PM me for the deets.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think it's intentional—to avoid arguments out in public posts that might make the forum look unprofessional.

Use Europa's method, but if you're past the window where you can still see them using that method, then I'm sure you can slip Napoleon a C-note and he'll dig up the information for you.

As far as the hunting down, I know a guy. Extremely discreet. PM me for the deets.
Why did you think Naps can dig up old negative ratings? I'm not sure if Chris has an easier method, but Naps and I would have to spend days going through the timeline method I discovered if we wanted to locate old ones. I'm not even sure how far back it goes, but it's lengthy since it includes all activity. It's only intended for viewing recent activity.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I guess what I meant is on the stock XenForo there is only a like button and it lists everybody who liked your post right under the post. I guess this is different.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I guess what I meant is on the stock XenForo there is only a like button and it lists everybody who liked your post right under the post. I guess this is different.
Yeah, Chris added the other ratings.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Did you think he had mod capabilities I don't have or just more resourceful?
No, I have never thought that. There's no reason for me to think that, as you both have the exact same title. I apologize if it seemed that way. He's just the first moderator that came to mind. I could have easily said Europa or iPhonewarrior, but his name came to mind first, that's all.

The entire part about bribing Napoleon so he could dig up information for Zanthe was in humor. :D