What do u guyz think of this case?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
it looks like the closest thing to the new vaja cases. i cant afford the regular vaja cases so i though this would be a good back up. i have the mareware sidewinder which is nice (got as a gift) and im purchasing a belkin from someone here on the boards, i though this would be a nice adition? and everythingiPhone sells it so it should be reliable right? let me know what you peeps think.
Thanks

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I considered this case briefly but decided against it since a great deal of the sides and top of the phone is exposed. I had a Case-Mate Signature Leather case that I was carrying in my pocket and it started to show signs of wear in just over a week. I attached the belt clip nub to see what it would be like on my waist. I hated it. It sat quite a distance away from my waist. Also there was no play at all so it sat very rigidly in that position. It just seemed like a disaster waiting to happen.

I also considered the Vaja Top case but decided against it since the case doesn't look like it would help much if the phone fell on it's face when the case was open. Also, I didn't have the patience to wait 25 days.

My long search for a case ended when I got the Piel Frama flip case. The case is pricey, but I feel it was well worth the money. It provides great protection and is very comfortable on my waist. It arrived (from Spain) three days after I placed the order.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I have this case from the att store. http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...id=cat980639&q_sku=sku980647&_requestid=25951

It is the same case you are looking at, both made by case mate, but without the front cover. Mine fits really well and I liked it, but if you are looking to clip it on your belt, the belt clip with this case is useless. It sticks out too far, and even though it swivels the phone is too heavy for it to stay in a horizontal position. So it just swings around.

If you want something to just protect it while in your pocket, or something to help you keep the phone from slipping out of your hand, I would recommend either of these cases.

Sele

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
I have this case from the att store. http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...id=cat980639&q_sku=sku980647&_requestid=25951

It is the same case you are looking at, both made by case mate, but without the front cover. Mine fits really well and I liked it, but if you are looking to clip it on your belt, the belt clip with this case is useless. It sticks out too far, and even though it swivels the phone is too heavy for it to stay in a horizontal position. So it just swings around.

If you want something to just protect it while in your pocket, or something to help you keep the phone from slipping out of your hand, I would recommend either of these cases.

Sele
thank you so much, i was so close to ordering the flip one until i really looked at the one you showed me. this one is awsome i don't have to flip up the flappy thing to answer calls and looks the the one you showed me protects a lot better. Thanks again

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA

Sele
forgot to ask you, is the belt clip included and is it removable? Thanks

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Case seems alright.

one thing i hate is that by using these cases that we all use they make the phone more bulky. I Personally love when my phone is out my case how thin the phone is.

I really don't use my case for anything then protect my phone. So i been thinking about getting one of those body glove things. To prevent it from getting scratched.

I am currently using the Clear belkin case from the ATT store.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Case seems alright.

one thing i hate is that by using these cases that we all use they make the phone more bulky. I Personally love when my phone is out my case how thin the phone is.

I really don't use my case for anything then protect my phone. So i been thinking about getting one of those body glove things. To prevent it from getting scratched.

I am currently using the Clear belkin case from the ATT store.
Yes i completly agree it does make it look a bit bulky, but i dropped my phone the same day was on my way to get a case and the back chipped a little. i was so scared and i had to get something. so a case that is a little bulky is a price im willing to pay lol.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
forgot to ask you, is the belt clip included and is it removable? Thanks
Yes the belt clip is included, although I have never used it, and it is removable. The pin the belt clip hooks into unscrews from the case leaving it nice and smooth without the clip attached.