what do we do about this Google/Yahoo mobile version showing up all the time?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
For the last few weeks, Google and Yahoo sites on my iPhone are being automatically redirected to mobile versions. Many users have posted the same problem and never been able to rectify the issue. Has anyone been able to overcome this stupid issue? Is it the problem with Google/Yahoo/EDGE?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
For the last few weeks, Google and Yahoo sites on my iPhone are being automatically redirected to mobile versions. Many users have posted the same problem and never been able to rectify the issue. Has anyone been able to overcome this stupid issue? Is it the problem with Google/Yahoo/EDGE?
On google you can scroll to the bottom and and click classic and it will switch to the regular version. Make this page your google bookmark.

Yahoo has always been the regular version on my iPhone.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
On google you can scroll to the bottom and and click classic and it will switch to the regular version. Make this page your google bookmark.

Yahoo has always been the regular version on my iPhone.
I have tried selecting the Classic link on Google. This wont help. Something in the browser has changed I guess.

When you hit mail.yahoo.com, will it take you to the mobile version or the full version?

Thanks

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
When I go to mail.yahoo.com I get the mobile version.
Why not use the iPhone mail app to check your Yahoo mail?
yeah, I am using the Yahoo mail app on iPhone. However, my buddy wanted to just access the yahoo using the iPhone browser to check his mail and it took him to the mobile version. he was kinda pissed and asked me "if iPhone boasts of a real feel browser then why is it taking you to the mobile version?"

Trying to understand as to what triggers the mobile version to go online on iPhone.