What do you think Apple will anounce feb 26th?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I am also waiting for the new macbook. Hope they are brought out along with sdk.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
What do I think Apple will announce- NOT copy and paste!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Apple has been known to make announcements on Tuesdays....which the 26th is.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
There have been rumours of the video and audio company that Apple use to cover events have been hired by Apple for an unannounced event on the 26th of Feb.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I reeeeealy hope they make the regular MacBooks aluminum. B/c I can't decide between back and white. I am leaning toward black but I would rather have aluminum. I also don't want to pay for a pro also I like the MacBook keys better anyway.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
As strange as this might be, many are predicting the announcement of the 3g iPhone on the 26th of this month.
http://www.myitablet.com/apple-event-predicted-feb-26th-to-launch-3g-iphone-sdk-081952.php

Of course its only rumor but so was the video of the 1.1.3 update rumored to be real. Ive got my hopes up :)
I've got a feeling it's all about the SDK and maybe the MacBook Pros. Don't get me wrong I'd be exicted about a 3g iPhone, I just don't really understand why they'd release a higher memory version of the existing model only to announce a newer model a couple weeks later.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Finally going to get apps that support live tv... that would be great... But I will settle for mms lol

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Finally going to get apps that support live tv... that would be great... But I will settle for mms lol
I don't see MMS happening on the iPhone, at least not on the 1st model. This is not just due to the iPhone, but just as much with AT&T. The iPhone plans do not include MMS and are not provisioned to allow MMS. Not to say that couldn't change, but it would take more than Apple just supporting it on the phone.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Obviously going to be the sdk. Hopefully the macbooks. Because i really want a macbook, not pro, with aluminum and the touch pad capabilities of the mba. I doubt there will be a firmware update although thatd be amazing

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Obviously going to be the sdk. Hopefully the macbooks. Because i really want a macbook, not pro, with aluminum and the touch pad capabilities of the mba. I doubt there will be a firmware update although thatd be amazing

I think we'll see another firmware update with the SDK, but probably nothing real notable other than some bug fixes and fine tuning for 3rd party app support.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I don't see MMS happening on the iPhone, at least not on the 1st model. This is not just due to the iPhone, but just as much with AT&T. The iPhone plans do not include MMS and are not provisioned to allow MMS. Not to say that couldn't change, but it would take more than Apple just supporting it on the phone.
I was thinking that it is 6s on the MMS and would it be allowed. Right now we are on unlimited data and we use e-mail to send them. So wouldn't it be a wash since we are already sending pictures, albeit more difficult then MMS and sometimes I have to send them 3 - 5 times to have someone get them. Actually seems like the better choice as it could reduce traffic and they could get rid of that dinosaur of a website!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I was thinking that it is 6s on the MMS and would it be allowed. Right now we are on unlimited data and we use e-mail to send them. So wouldn't it be a wash since we are already sending pictures, albeit more difficult then MMS and sometimes I have to send them 3 - 5 times to have someone get them. Actually seems like the better choice as it could reduce traffic and they could get rid of that dinosaur of a website!

in total agreement with you. This is just what I was told by my rep, regarding the AT&T servers not supporting MMS on the iPhone.

The viewmymessage.com website is so dang frustrating. I can't get half of them that are sent to me. Maybe that's their plan. Eliminate MMS messaging by frustrating the customers so much they don't even bother anymore.