What do you think of the iPhone 6s? Any big differences?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It's stupid crazy fast. So fast that the animations are beginning to annoy me all over again. They're the only things holding this thing back now.
Try the Reduce Motion option. It may help a bit. I'm enjoying the crap out of this thing. Photos are awesome. Even zooming as close as possible, the camera takes a great pic. 3D Touch is cool as hell. Like Fury said, it's crazy fast, too.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
It's stupid crazy fast. So fast that the animations are beginning to annoy me all over again. They're the only things holding this thing back now.
Try the Reduce Motion option. It may help a bit.
I used Reduce Motion on my 5s (when it was stock) and noticed a difference in the general animation speed. I had to miss out on the parallax effect, dynamic wallpapers, and animated weather graphics, but it was worth it in my opinion. With this 6s the difference is less noticeable so I'm keeping Reduce Motion off, for now anyway.

I still wish you could disable general iOS animations but maintain parallax and weather animations.

Did everyone set up as new? I did but man. This is a lot to redo.
I set up as new. It wasn't too bad, but so far I've gone through the Settings App and stock apps. I still have to sync all my 3rd party apps and sign in/set them up in Notification Center, etc. Only a handful of my 3rd party apps support iCloud backup. I hope more do so in the near future.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I always set new hardware up as a new device to minimize problems. Just got finished setting up all my apps and settings.

I didn't think Touch ID could get any faster or more accurate than it was on the iPhone 6. Damn, it's fast! The positioning doesn't matter at all. Just tap the home the home button and you're in. The iPhone 6 fingerprint scanner was already miles ahead of the scanners we use at work in regards to speed and reliability and now it's even better on the 6s. I'm impressed! It's crazy how fast this type of technology moves. Just tap the home button and you're in.

Not impressed with the live fish on the lockscreen. They look cool, but the implementation sucks. I want them to be a real animation and just swim whenever I'm on the lockscreen. I think the commercial was misleading.

I absolutely love the Rose Gold color! In natural light it's copper/tan with a subtle pinkish hue. In artificial light, it looks champagne pink. It goes well with my Apple cases.

3D Touch is nice. I think I'll use this a lot.

Swipe Selection or whatever it's called is freaking awesome! This is going to make editing texts so much easier.

I still need to test the cameras.

Ugg, the UI animations when opening and closing apps are irritating. Why does Apple force them? Of course, I always enable Reduce Motion when stock, but it's still way too much forced lag. Disabling the animations are the biggest thing I miss about the jailbreak.

Last edited:

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I love this phone ! FAST is what I noticed right out of the box !
I am still setting it up.
My 1st live picture is a success now I wish we had a thread posting those ... I took a 2nd picture next to mu hubbies 6 and again positively amazed how much better the camera is even in low light. I knew it but now I got it I am 100% sure this will be my favorite iPhone !

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My 1st live picture is a success now I wish we had a thread posting those ...
You could always make one yourself. Start us off! :D

View the live photo on your iPhone 6s/6s Plus. Tap the photo (or peek it or whatever is done to make it animate). Record the screen using a second device. Upload the footage to YouTube (mark it as unlisted so that the whole world doesn't see it). Then give us the link here on eiC.

Hey, I never said it would be easy :)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
… Or you could wait until Apple adds the functionality for Live Photo viewing to its Safari browser (and Chris does whatever he has to do to the forum software to allow the files to be uploaded).

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Did everyone set up as new? I did but man. This is a lot to redo. Wondering if I should just restore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I set up as new since I have some kind of curse on my last iPhone. The one thing I really don't like about starting over is missing all of my health data that was on my last iPhone. It's really cool to see my weight go down over the last 3 months.

Ddrumbum

Bronze
Apr 14, 2011
Loving it! The feel of the phone, just feels better built, 3D Touch is a bit wierd to get used to, but I will. The Camera is AMAZING!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I set up as new since I have some kind of curse on my last iPhone. The one thing I really don't like about starting over is missing all of my health data that was on my last iPhone. It's really cool to see my weight go down over the last 3 months.
Your last iPhone… is it gone?

If not, then you may be able to export its Health data using a third-party app called QS Access—and then import it into your new iPhone.

Instructions are here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/10/how-to-export-import-health-data/

Scroll about ⅓ of the way down to this heading: "How to export data from your Health app using a third-party app" and follow those instructions.

The first way—using the Health app alone—is apparently useless, at least right now.

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
Well I came over from the dark side. Got a 64gb silver for me and one for my hubby as a surprise. He is going to have to retrain me on ios. Will have lots of questions for all of you on how to work this thing.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Your last iPhone… is it gone?

If not, then you may be able to export its Health data using a third-party app called QS Access—and then import it into your new iPhone.

Instructions are here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/10/how-to-export-import-health-data/

Scroll about ⅓ of the way down to this heading: "How to export data from your Health app using a third-party app" and follow those instructions.

The first way—using the Health app alone—is apparently useless, at least right now.
Tried to use 3D Touch on the link and didn't work. Guess some apps will need to be reworked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk