What do you think of the new Incase Power slider

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
http://goincase.com/products/detail/power-slider-ec20003/1

I think the design is 100% perfection. Its the best looking and i think only extra battery case out there. Its a tad bulky, but the dimensions and look really hide how much is added.

The Power Slider for iPhone™ 3G is the first accessory of its kind to offer protection, expanded battery life and integrated sync and charge capabilities. While most supplemental batteries simply satisfy the need for added power, the Power Slider more than doubles the battery life of iPhone 3G while providing complete device protection and the ability to sync without removing iPhone 3G from the case.
With its low profile, complementary design and innovative functionality as both a case and power solution, the Power Slider provides the best in hardshell protection and extended battery life for iPhone 3G.

Features

• Integrated rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery more than doubles the battery life of iPhone 3G
  • Optimized power management system provides continuous charge to iPhone 3G internal battery
  • 5 light LED battery status indicator
  • Charge and sync without removing iPhone 3G from case using the custom USB cable provided
  • Advanced lithium-ion polymer battery cell technology prevents overcharging and short circuiting and provides protection from extreme temperature
  • Durable, lightweight hardshell construction with soft-touch coating
  • Compatible with USB charging ports that provide 5V at 1A output
  • "Works with iPhone" certified by Apple
Battery

• Rechargeable lithium-ion polymer (1330mAh 4.2V)
  • Custom designed and engineered specifically for Power Slider
  • Capacity equals approximately 120 percent of iPhone 3G
  • Efficient circuitry allows for slim design and maximum power output
USB

• Custom USB 2.2 cable specifically designed for Power Silder
  • Provides high capacity charging and data exchange for optimal charging and syncing
Additional battery life provided by Power Slider

• Standby time: up to 330 hours
  • Audio playback: up to 26 hours
  • Talk time: up to 5 hours on 3G network and 10 hours on 2G network
  • Video playback: up to 7 hours
  • Internet use: up to 5 hours on 3G network and 6 hours on Wi-Fi
Available November 28th

Pics:

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Since acquiring my 3G last month I have been on the quest for the perfect case. I can't wait to read some of the reviews. I hope it doesn't turn out to be to bulky. I really like the concept.

Jerry

YAKUZA

Jul 22, 2007
Do you think they'll make one for the first gen iPhone? I really want one of those when it hits the market in a couple of weeks.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
This is pretty awesome. I myself have a iPhone 3G. Is this recommended? Is it even out yet?

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
There are some good reviews of the power slider on you tube. Here is the link to one of them

BogeyPro

Oct 24, 2008
saw this in the Apple store the other day. Thinking about getting this for when I travel.

USCGTO

Dec 30, 2008
Los Angeles
Review

I got it. Actually I got it almost 3 weeks ago. Just saw the thread today, actually just joined the forums. LOL.

So As far as the case go, its a beautiful piece. HAs a nice velvety feel to it.

The battery life has more than doubled. I use bluetooth all the time and listen to the music while not talking. LOL. AND I charge the entire setup once a day, as I sleep.

Actually I have another one for sale as well. I bought one and someone gifted me teh second one. So .. now u know.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I got it. Actually I got it almost 3 weeks ago. Just saw the thread today, actually just joined the forums. LOL.

So As far as the case go, its a beautiful piece. HAs a nice velvety feel to it.

The battery life has more than doubled. I use bluetooth all the time and listen to the music while not talking. LOL. AND I charge the entire setup once a day, as I sleep.

Actually I have another one for sale as well. I bought one and someone gifted me teh second one. So .. now u know.
Welcome to EIC. How bulky is it compared to the regular incase slider? Will it fit into your front pocket comfortably?

USCGTO

Dec 30, 2008
Los Angeles
Well I haven't seen INCASE cases before

I just rolled into the store saw the case and bought it, I was so SOLD by the looks and the concept. It does fit in my pocket OK. I Do prefer to keep it out. Its a thing of beauty. Have been complimented by so many people already. BTW, no one complimented on the bare bone naked iPhone lol.

runner7395

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I got this a few days ago and so far I love it. Looks and feels great, not too big at all. If you are thinking about getting one, do it.

USCGTO

Dec 30, 2008
Los Angeles
The feel and texture of the case

dieverts your mind from the actual size.

The utility and the ease with whoch it hooks up and sinks takes over teh weight issue.

The 5 lights on the back, whch are very very classy light up in a mild but sharp circles and show the battery remaining and justify the $100 price tag.

Mine still has 2 out of five lights and that's just the slider battery once it finished I'll be on the regular iPhone battery, good cause I am gonna be late tonight. And will be using the Google maps a lot. This thing will pay off itselt inpeace of mind.

My suggestion, Buy one, if u've ever run out of battery,

iceless

Jan 14, 2009
Just received my InCase PowerSlider

Hi all,

I've just received my InCase PowerSlider.

Got a friend who was so happen to be on his way to Malaysia to bring it over for me. Charging the unit now.

First Impression:
I'm very impressed with the quality and built of the case. The feel and also the size is very acceptable to me.

Will write more once I've used it for a couple more days.

Regards,

iceless.

MR. HATTZ

Jan 31, 2009
BroNX, N.Y.
its really fresh! i personally don't need extra battery life! charge it at night and if it goes low i charge it at my pc at work! theres a couple of knock offs of this device but this might be the best!

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Hi all,

I've just received my InCase PowerSlider.

Got a friend who was so happen to be on his way to Malaysia to bring it over for me. Charging the unit now.

First Impression:
I'm very impressed with the quality and built of the case. The feel and also the size is very acceptable to me.

Will write more once I've used it for a couple more days.

Regards,

iceless.
Be sure and keep us updated. I looked at it in the Apple store and it appeared to ad to much bulk to the phone for me but I am still intrigued.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
will it be possible to somehow get the 2G to fit this? i don't like the morphie....

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
its really too thick... and since i got my 3g i haven't had any battery problems (my v1 was horrible :(), so i really have no use for it now..

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
yeah i like it a lot. i have the griffin clarify and i love that too. i think this one looks great though