What do you think of this Aluminum iPhone 4 case?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kim_Vogel

Mar 30, 2011
I'm pre-ordering this case off kickstarter and wondered what everyone thought about it, is it just me or does this thing look great.

They say their hybrid case doesn't affect signal, it makes sense to me because the phone antenna is only half covered by aluminum, the rest is some black stuff.

However, I only have 1 iPhone, and they need to pre-order like 40 of these cases to get them made, so if you guys like em too help em out.

Last edited by a moderator:

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Aluminum, or any other form of metal is the worst form of protection!

It does not absorb impact, and will actually cause more damage to your device if fallen at a bad angle....They look pretty, but I recommend anyone to stay away from metal bumpers, and cases!

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Aluminum, or any other form of metal is the worst form of protection!

It does not absorb impact, and will actually cause more damage to your device if fallen at a bad angle....They look pretty, but I recommend anyone to stay away from metal bumpers, and cases!
But, you did enter the contest for the Kinetic Case. ;)

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
absolutely right!

you can't go wrong with free...
would I use it? Maybe once or twice, because it is a nice looking case, but, I would never use it as my everyday case, and expect it to protect it!
And, for that you'll use your Lifeproof case. :D I'm with you, I'm so addicted to this Lifeproof case, it better come out and not be a big disappointment. lol

Clay125

Bronze
Mar 16, 2011
Cool case! I'll be interested how it works out.
I removed the metal back from my iPhone 4 and put the original blk glass back cause I think it hurt my signal alittle. It was the silver back replacement.

Kim_Vogel

Mar 30, 2011
Cool case! I'll be interested how it works out.
I removed the metal back from my iPhone 4 and put the original blk glass back cause I think it hurt my signal alittle. It was the silver back replacement.
The back of the hybrid is made from delrin, infact it looks like half the case is delrin with the hybrid. I don't think I've ever seen an aluminum case that had that much delrin in it.

I think it looks to be a cross between an electron case, and an alumacase, and maybe a bit of element pro at the top? When I compared the photos to that of these cases it looks like its slightly thinner then the electron and alumacase, however the element seems to have some thinner parts around the middle/sides with parts much thicker around the corners and such. So it looks like if you were to measure it from its largest points this case is slightly thinner then other aluminum cases. Probably because they don't use any screws.

They posted a video on it and apparently you can use those back plate skins on the case, the back of the case is apparently the exact same size as the iPhone. I think it looks thicker because the top seems to go over the glass a bit.

What do you guys think looks better this case or the EOS aluminum case on the other thread?

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I don't like either one if them. They both suck!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Verizon.
^+1000

Everyone is so hung up on aluminum, and don't realize it can actually cause more harm than protection if dropped! If aluminum is bent, it won't pop back out, causing it to really cause Damage to your phone.

I used to own a gas powered remote control truck, and one of the worst parts to get was aluminum! They were the best looking, and most expensive, but wouldn't absorve any shocks and bumps, and would actually cause more damage to the truck and other parts!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Apr 22, 2011
Aluminum is not the best protection I agree. And while this case does look cool, I don't think it will do what you want it to. However, these days the look of our iPhone cases are pretty important because they are like accessories and no longer phones. And I hate bulky cases. I would go with something lightweight the Microshell iPhone 4 Case. It has a low-profile polycarbonate shell protector on it. I got mine here: http://www.marware.com/iphone-cases/iphone-4-cases/microshell-iphone-4-case

But, it does look great so if you don't mind having less protection, I think you've picked a cool iPhone case.