What do you think of this Aluminum iPhone 4 case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Kim_Vogel, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Kim_Vogel

Kim_Vogel New Member

I'm pre-ordering this case off kickstarter and wondered what everyone thought about it, is it just me or does this thing look great.

They say their hybrid case doesn't affect signal, it makes sense to me because the phone antenna is only half covered by aluminum, the rest is some black stuff.

However, I only have 1 iPhone, and they need to pre-order like 40 of these cases to get them made, so if you guys like em too help em out.

#1 Kim_Vogel, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Hmm, Not so much. Looks a little bulky and the teeth look like they can scratch the antennae when using the adjustable angles.

3. Syamil

Syamil Member
    Bronze

You have a link to the Official website for the product?

4. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

5. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Surprised nobody has called spam yet ..

Sent from my iPhone using my iPad

6. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

That case looks awful. It sucks!

GO PHILLIES! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Verizon.

7. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Aluminum, or any other form of metal is the worst form of protection!

It does not absorb impact, and will actually cause more damage to your device if fallen at a bad angle....They look pretty, but I recommend anyone to stay away from metal bumpers, and cases!

8. EverythingApple

Gold

But, you did enter the contest for the Kinetic Case. ;)

9. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

absolutely right!

you can't go wrong with free...
    would I use it? Maybe once or twice, because it is a nice looking case, but, I would never use it as my everyday case, and expect it to protect it!

10. EverythingApple

Gold

And, for that you'll use your Lifeproof case. :D I'm with you, I'm so addicted to this Lifeproof case, it better come out and not be a big disappointment. lol

11. Clay125

Clay125 Member
    Bronze

Cool case! I'll be interested how it works out.
    I removed the metal back from my iPhone 4 and put the original blk glass back cause I think it hurt my signal alittle. It was the silver back replacement.

12. Kim_Vogel

Kim_Vogel New Member

The back of the hybrid is made from delrin, infact it looks like half the case is delrin with the hybrid. I don't think I've ever seen an aluminum case that had that much delrin in it.

I think it looks to be a cross between an electron case, and an alumacase, and maybe a bit of element pro at the top? When I compared the photos to that of these cases it looks like its slightly thinner then the electron and alumacase, however the element seems to have some thinner parts around the middle/sides with parts much thicker around the corners and such. So it looks like if you were to measure it from its largest points this case is slightly thinner then other aluminum cases. Probably because they don't use any screws.

They posted a video on it and apparently you can use those back plate skins on the case, the back of the case is apparently the exact same size as the iPhone. I think it looks thicker because the top seems to go over the glass a bit.

What do you guys think looks better this case or the EOS aluminum case on the other thread?

13. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

I don't like either one if them. They both suck!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Verizon.

14. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

^+1000

Everyone is so hung up on aluminum, and don't realize it can actually cause more harm than protection if dropped! If aluminum is bent, it won't pop back out, causing it to really cause Damage to your phone.

I used to own a gas powered remote control truck, and one of the worst parts to get was aluminum! They were the best looking, and most expensive, but wouldn't absorve any shocks and bumps, and would actually cause more damage to the truck and other parts!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

15. alexmurphy4567

alexmurphy4567 New Member

Aluminum is not the best protection I agree. And while this case does look cool, I don't think it will do what you want it to. However, these days the look of our iPhone cases are pretty important because they are like accessories and no longer phones. And I hate bulky cases. I would go with something lightweight the Microshell iPhone 4 Case. It has a low-profile polycarbonate shell protector on it. I got mine here: http://www.marware.com/iphone-cases/iphone-4-cases/microshell-iphone-4-case

But, it does look great so if you don't mind having less protection, I think you've picked a cool iPhone case.

16. eyemakerz

eyemakerz New Member

This case looks awsom, but Aluminum is worst for iPhone...

17. Will69

Will69 New Member

Doesn't metal in a case affect radio signal reception?

18. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member
    Bronze

You have to remove the phone to charge it per the website. I want my iPhone to stay in the case at all times.

19. edisoners

edisoners New Member

Oh it's so cool ...i want to buy it