What do you wish 3D Touch could do?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
some things I wish you could do:

• force touch on Notification Center to clear all notifications (like Apple Watch)
  • force touch on settings icon to access custom toggles

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Clock app: Set a timer for various intervals (15 minutes, 25 minutes, etc.)
Uber app: Summon an Uber driver to my current location
AT&T app: Pay my phone bill without having to open the app
Home screen: Accurately weigh various fruits and small vegetables, like the HUAWEI Mate S phone is already doing
Phone app: Bring up a list of Favorites and optionally call one of them

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Home screen: Accurately weigh various fruits and small vegetables, like the HUAWEI Mate S phone is already doing
You seriously want this? Why would you want an alternate, inaccurate way to measure produce when a superior method exists in the supermarkets and is always readily available? Why look for a place to set your phone down and try to balance the produce on top of it when you can just put it in their scale?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You seriously want this? Why would you want an alternate, inaccurate way to measure produce when a superior method exists in the supermarkets and is always readily available? Why look for a place to set your phone down and try to balance the produce on top of it when you can just put it in their scale?
Oh, I wouldn't go through that hassle at the grocery store. It's just a fun activity to do at home. :D A conversation starter, if you will.

Good for weight guessing games at parties! Winner takes a shot! Unknown.jpeg Unknown-2.jpeg

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Why not just memorize the average weights of every object in the universe, then whenever you guess you'll always be within a few grams, inches, pounds or tons. I only "weighed" in on this subject because I'm in the middle of weighing both my 6+ and my 6S+ because I can't believe people think they can tell the difference just by holding them in their hands. I know I can't.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
some things I wish you could do:

• force touch on Notification Center to clear all notifications (like Apple Watch)
  • force touch on settings icon to access custom toggles
I'd like to force touch a notification to peek at it, actually, the same way that I'd peek at a mail or a link.

Force touch/drag up on a keyboard suggestion to delete unwanted autocorrect suggestions would be pretty cool. (Think the dock poof animation when you drag an icon off the dock in Mac OS X). For whatever reason, my keyboard has developed the super annoying habit of autocorrecting "if" to one of my email addresses

On a video to scrub back and forth without having to grab that little slider (similar to what I think the new Apple TV remote would do?)

On the clock icon to start a stopwatch or (customizable?) timer (edit: it does this now; weird, when I first opened the quick actions menu for the clock, all it showed me was create alarm)

On a folder to quickly pop up the most recently used apps from that folder

On icons in the control center
  • wifi/Bluetooth icons should peek into network select / Bluetooth device list, and pop into those settings pages
  • DND icon should pop up a menu selecting how long to stay in DND mode
  • calculator icon should have a peek widget for doing a quick calculation without jumping away from the current app
  • flashlight icon peek should pop up a menu for strobing/SOS flash
  • camera icon should have same quick actions as on home screen
  • etc

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why not just memorize the average weights of every object in the universe, then whenever you guess you'll always be within a few grams, inches, pounds or tons. I only "weighed" in on this subject because I'm in the middle of weighing both my 6+ and my 6S+ because I can't believe people think they can tell the difference just by holding them in their hands. I know I can't.
I think some of the phone manufacturers are trying too hard to come up with new features that they think will take off. A scale is pretty gimmicky to me.

I've been a long-term pinky shelfer and my pinky is definitely noticing the weight difference between the 6 and 6s. I can only use it single-handed briefly now.