What do your friends think?

Do your friends think you are weird(hardcore, extreme, etc..)

• Yes

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

Oniontech

Jun 22, 2007
I don't know about you guys, but all my friends with the exception of a few think im really weird for paying 600$ for a phone and always talking about.(I can't help it).

iGeorge

Jun 7, 2007
Out of everyone I have talked to about the iPhone, Only 1 person agreed with me in saying that it would be a cool phone to own, but everyone agrees I am crazy for spending $600 + on a PHONE.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I am getting my iPhone

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yeah, no one gets it. Only the uber-geek and/or the uber chic get excited about this device. I try to tell my friends it's like something from the future, you know, like if Capt. Kirk used a mobile phone (before the communicator). Wait till I show 'em!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Some of my friends are "relatively" familiar with the iPhone. Some know very little. None of my friends seem at all concerned that I'll be buying a $600 magical device. I get the impression that all my friends (mostly PC people) can't wait to see one.

I converted my girlfriend to Apple machinery about a year ago...iPod nano, MacBook, etc. I predict she will buy an iPhone approximately 2-3 weeks after I get mine :)

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Yeah, no one gets it. Only the uber-geek and/or the uber chic get excited about this device. I try to tell my friends it's like something from the future, you know, like if Capt. Kirk used a mobile phone (before the communicator). Wait till I show 'em!
Good one! The whole world is going to finally get it when this thing is released into the wild. :laugh2:

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
All my friends make fun of me. I have one other friend that is getting the iPhone also. The rest laugh at me for being on the forums.

but I don't care... come june 29th they will all want one! I cant wait! :laugh2:

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
All of my friends think I am weird...until I whip out the iPhone on the 29th Then there will be Disdain...Silence ...and ambivolence to the fact that I ....along with thousands of others had the initiative and balls(bush for the ladies)to STEP UP to the iPhone as well as stepping up to technology. By the way...I have had several Crown and Seven Ups. iPhone...here i come!

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Out of everyone I have talked to about the iPhone, Only 1 person agreed with me in saying that it would be a cool phone to own, but everyone agrees I am crazy for spending $600 + on a PHONE.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I am getting my iPhone
Me too, but let me tell you, those friends are usually the first to say "oh cool! can I play with it?" They tend to live vicariously through me and my obsession :D

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I have sold $800 of tickets to my friends for 15 minutes with my iPhone.

Each person paid $25 for 15 minutes.

So I have it already paid for, thanks to my friends.

When I get it, I am just going to tell them they can't touch it.

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Some of you are out of touch with reality, are superficial and insecure.

Here are just a couple of examples:

but I don't care... come june 29th they will all want one! I cant wait!
All of my friends think I am weird...until I whip out the iPhone on the 29th Then there will be Disdain...Silence ...and ambivolence to the fact that I ....along with thousands of others had the initiative and balls(bush for the ladies)to STEP UP to the iPhone as well as stepping up to technology. By the way...I have had several Crown and Seven Ups. iPhone...here i come!
Me too, but let me tell you, those friends are usually the first to say "oh cool! can I play with it?" They tend to live vicariously through me and my obsession
You seem to care more about a stupid phone then you do about your friends or about yourself image.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Well my friends who worked on the development team think it's a pretty cool piece of kit. But then again, Apple is giving them theirs.

The rest think it's pretty stupid.

I'll just play with the free iPhones when I go out to visit in a couple weeks.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Some of you are out of touch with reality, are superficial and insecure.

Here are just a couple of examples:

You seem to care more about a stupid phone then you do about your friends or about yourself image.
I don't see how those quotes proved their character. It only showed me how excited they are about getting their iPhone and that the friends will see just how cool it is when they see it in person. I think your own insecurities are showing in this post. Not sure why you want to rain on their parade. Maybe you should take a break and come back in a week.

Jun 21, 2007
Mostly all my friends say im crazy for paying that much for a phone, but i've done it before so its not the first time. a lot of my co workers want 1 but since it doesn't work with exchange none of them are willing to get one, so they are all waiting for me to get it so they can play around with it.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Im usually the first to get the "IT" gadgets. IPOD I had about a year before the boom of a few christmas ago. PSP First day Xbox360 back before it had decent games :)

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I don't see how those quotes proved their character. It only showed me how excited they are about getting their iPhone and that the friends will see just how cool it is when they see it in person. I think your own insecurities are showing in this post. Not sure why you want to rain on their parade. Maybe you should take a break and come back in a week.
Let's see, each person I quoted is trying to make "their friends" jealous because they have an iPhone and their friends don't. That is called being superficial and borderline narcissist.

Not because of their desire for the iPhone, but because they want one so they can show it off to "their friends".

For GOD sake it is just a phone!

If someones life revolves around the "goal" of posing an object like a phone (and there are many on this forum) then that persons reality and mental stability is definitely in question.

My teenage boys know about the iPhone, but neither one of them is ranting and raving about it. Nor would they consider "camping" out for it.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I have sold $800 of tickets to my friends for 15 minutes with my iPhone.

Each person paid $25 for 15 minutes.

So I have it already paid for, thanks to my friends.

When I get it, I am just going to tell them they can't touch it.
That rules! I love that