What does always bcc myself mean?

Iliana Nikolova

Oct 25, 2011
In the Mail app on my iPhone, what does it mean to bcc? Would I have any reason to BCC myself? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
In the Mail app on my iPhone, what does it mean to bcc? Would I have any reason to BCC myself? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
BCC: Blind carbon copy

So, it would mean always sending yourself a copy, but it's hidden, so the recipients aren't aware of such.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: raqball

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
BCC: Blind carbon copy

So, it would mean always sending yourself a copy, but it's hidden, so the recipients aren't aware of such.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
Correction: a BCC just means the original recipent(s) will not see the email IDs of other recipients also getting the message if they are bcc'd. Some use BCC to individually email a group of folks whom you want to not know who else is also getting a group email. Each recipient is led to "assume" that he/she is the only recipient, for example.
YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

Reactions: iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Correction: a BCC just means the original recipent(s) will not see the email IDs of other recipients also getting the message if they are bcc'd. Some use BCC to individually email a group of folks whom you want to not know who else is also getting a group email. Each recipient is led to "assume" that he/she is the only recipient, for example.
YMMV
Great explanation :)

Last edited by a moderator: