Ok I am thinking general market seed/release

oh ok, so devs get the official one before public, if yes than yes! haha
Yes we do :)

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
well like i see i have no video recording..... wonder if it was just the searching, and conntection drop fix
Probably just minor little bugs they knew about, I sometimes had the keyboard disappear and that seems to have gone away too. I am happy with this release and for it to be on a faster phone will be even better.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
GM officially stands for Gold Master.
Yep that's it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_master

The Golden Master or GM version of a reproducible product (e.g., software) is that which is then released for public consumption; typically for subsequent distribution of multiple copies. It represents the development stage of "RTM" (Release To Manufacturing), often referred to as "going gold", or "gone golden".
Apple, Inc. can be seen using the term in a document, first written in April 1988, describing its software versioning system.
The term is often confused with "gold master" which refers to a physical recording entity such as that sent to a manufacturing plant. Apple, Inc. used the term to describe the sending of a physical gold master disc to manufacturing in a Press Release written in March 2001.

imme

Bronze
Aug 10, 2008
Correct. You have to pay an unreasonable 699 to upgrade to the 3gS for video recording.
Sad

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
so iam thinking this will not expire? haha guess its offical
It shouldn't expire but I read on the devforums that last year the one they released to the devs had a different build than the public release but they both updated to 2.0.1 just fine. I'll download the file again from the Apple.com site and see if the build changes, if it does I'll update to that one.

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
It shouldn't expire but I read on the devforums that last year the one they released to the devs had a different build than the public release but they both updated to 2.0.1 just fine. I'll download the file again from the Apple.com site and see if the build changes, if it does I'll update to that one.
yes same, i bet the dev one is better though tehe :)

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
yes same, i bet the dev one is better though tehe :)
That's what I was wondering, but as soon as you go to 3.0.1 it won't make any difference. I'll see what people say about the differences before I would do it.

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
That's what I was wondering, but as soon as you go to 3.0.1 it won't make any difference. I'll see what people say about the differences before I would do it.
yes or maybe Apple will be sneaky and keep having like 3.0 update stuff for us devs (me) before the public gets it

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
iphun now your just agreeing to me lol cmon you gotta have some backbone!
:laugh2: The devs always get the updates before the public to get their apps ready unless you meant something else?

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
:laugh2: The devs always get the updates before the public to get their apps ready unless you meant something else?
yes but like how would we get 3.0.1 before the public like would a little bug update change the compatibility of apps