what does the iPhone/iphoto do to pictures?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
i just imported 30mb work of photos into iphoto then tried to sync it with my iPhone which had 100mb of free space but it comes up saying there isn't enough room. does iphoto or the iPhone do something i don't know about making pictures huge or something crazy? because i have no idea whats going on

Rickn816

Jul 1, 2007
i just imported 30mb work of photos into iphoto then tried to sync it with my iPhone which had 100mb of free space but it comes up saying there isn't enough room. does iphoto or the iPhone do something i don't know about making pictures huge or something crazy? because i have no idea whats going on
Although I could synch photos to my Nano, the same photos refuse to synch with iPhone. I have no idea.

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Did you go into iTunes and check off the folder to be synched?

I had this problem with my movies which said not enough space. I checked the folder and voila, it synched.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
If anything iPhone photos are smaller, a lot smaller. I just synch a whole bunch of suppa huge photos from iPhoto and they take up almost no space at all on my iPhone. I was kind of surprised.

- SR

Rickn816

Jul 1, 2007
Yes, I selected the folder.

It will take some of the pictures.

Odd, because with Nano, they all converted.

Also, the maximum size appears to be limited. The largest dimension for the original picture cannot be larger than 380 pix.

Rickn816

Jul 1, 2007
If anything iPhone photos are smaller, a lot smaller. I just synch a whole bunch of suppa huge photos from iPhoto and they take up almost no space at all on my iPhone. I was kind of surprised.

- SR
Through trial and error, I found that converting them from JPEG to TIFF seems to solve the problem.