What does this restore error mean for jailbreaking?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
What firmware are you trying to restore to? And have you saved your SHSH blobs for it? (if you don't know what they are, it doesn't look like you're going to be able to jailbreak that firmware.)

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
What firmware are you trying to restore to? And have you saved your SHSH blobs for it? (if you don't know what they are, it doesn't look like you're going to be able to jailbreak that firmware.)

I don't know what my SHSH blobs are. I had an untethered jailbreak of 4.2.8. I upgraded to 4.2.10. I tried loading and following a different tutorial of Redsnow other then the one above. 4.2.10 is not supported in Redsnow, so I had to get firmware 4.2.9. I rather try following the tutorial above. How can I bypass that error message that's in my screenshot.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You're on Verizon, so I am not 100% about this, but I don't think you can.
SHSH blobs are what Apple uses to "sign" your firmware when you restore. Saving those blobs allows you to downgrade or upgrade to versions of firmware that Apple doesn't sign anymore.
You may want to PM iPhonewarrior or Europa for further help. they are more knowledgeable than I am about the does and don't of jailbreaking.