What does this sentence mean?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
"Now after he had attained thus far, so as to have a general and indistinct notion of an
Agent
, a vehement desire seized him to get a more distinct knowledge of him. But since he had not yet withdrawn himself from the sensible world, he began to look for this voluntary Agent among things sensible; nor did he know, as yet, whether it were one Agent or many. Therefore he took a view of all the bodies that were near him, viz. which his thoughts had been continually fixed upon; which he found all successively liable to generation and corruption, either completely or in parts, as
water
and
earth
, parts of which are consumed by
fire
He perceived likewise that the air was changed into snow by extremity of cold, and then again into water; and among all the other bodies which he had near him, he could find none which had not its existence anew and required some voluntary Agent to give it a being. Therefore he laid all those sublunary bodies aside, and transferred his thoughts to the consideration of the heavenly bodies."​
It's from a book called The Awakening of the Soul, A Philosophical Romance, which is translated from the Arabic book called "Hayy Ibn Yaqadhan" by Ibn Tufayl. I'm going to be presenting about it on Sunday, and I have summarized most of it but I don't understand that statement. All I understood from it is that he (which is a guy called Hayy) realized that all bodies are dependable on others in order to be something.​
Thanks guys.​