What does Verizon consider heavy data usage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tug, May 29, 2012.

1. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

Is 12 mega bytes a lot of data usage for a one time occurrence? The reason why Im asking is I was checking my verizon bill online and last night when I was watching tv my bill indicates thats how much data I accessed at 11:00 pm but I was no where near my phone. The bill also says my data usage to be 71 megabytes the day before at a time when I was no where near my phone. We finally took my boys iPhone away and now Im thinking he's using mine to text his friends but rather than send it as an SMS he's sending it as a iMessage which to my understanding won't show up as a text but rather as data usage. Is this true? Thanks

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

iMessage sends as data usage, not as a text message. One thing you may check as far as your data usage being high is internet usage, WiFi being left on when 3G is on. If iMessage is not available, it will try and send it as a regular Text message.

3. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

Thanks Money Maker but doesn't 12 megs and 71 megs seem like allot of data to be utilized at any one given time? Those figures aren't for an entire day but just one session. Thanks again

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You need to look at your phone bill either online or call Apple and look to see what is causing the high data usage.

5. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

I'll give Verizon a call tomorrow... thanks again

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No problem. Hope you can figure out the high data usage.