What Does Your Name Mean?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There are quite a few interesting user names around here, and I'm interested in knowing what they mean or how you came up with them.

Mine is MacManPro because, well, I'm a man, and I love Macs. It was going to be MacMan, no Pro, but the name was already taken.

BTW - MacMan is a member that doesn't post. Did you know that there are more members here that have never posted than there are active members?

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
that's debatable.:p (sorry i couldn't help it)

nice topic though~
mines kinda tough to explain

TK= Taylor Kelley(my name)
TKO= Total Knock Out

so i+am+tko

i often say T.K.Ownage aswell..

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
that's debatable.:p (sorry i couldn't help it)

nice topic though~
mines kinda tough to explain

TK= Taylor Kelley(my name)
TKO= Total Knock Out

so i+am+tko

i often say T.K.Ownage aswell..
You're just full of insults tonight, aren't you?

- John

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
mine is just my name and some numbers that i use for stuff

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Back in the early days of AOL, it was still impossible to get the screen name you wanted. I go by Improv on most other forums based on my musical background, but that wasn't available. My second main interest is computer tech, so I went with a badass 14-yr-old-hacker-wannabe- homophone for "silicon". It stuck on other forums, so here I am in yet another tech forum using it.

It's really a pain in the butt to give my email address to clients at the studio. But I never have a problem registering on forums.

The downside: google searches turn up a LOT of stuff from you if you have a unique name and are a heavy poster. Upside: Keeps you on your toes posting in a popular thread.

Anyway, my name's Dave. Hi!

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
If you can't figure mine out with my avatar, then you've obviously never seen a map of the U.S. Usually I use Dirtymittenman, but that was getting too long to type so I shortened it. We used to call Michigan the "Dirty Mitten" way back in the day.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Mine's just my first name. I know, how unoriginal.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
When I was running more (before I messed up my IT band), I was on a running forum as kokopelligirl. That was shorter than my Yahoo ID of kokopellirunnergirl. Now that seems to long to me, so I left of the pelli. I have a kokopelli tattoo on my left shoulder that initiated the whole kokopelli thing.

priji

Feb 5, 2008
my name is priji. I don't know meaning.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
As a kid, I nicknamed my brother "Bubba" which he hated. He nicknamed me "Buffy" to tick me off - it worked, I despised it. His nickname didn't stick....mine did.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
do I need to explain? iPhonetony.... You can also call me Anthony...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
It's my first name, from the Greek name Αλεξανδρος (Alexandros), which meant "defending men" from Greek αλεξω (alexo) "to defend, help" and ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος).

Feb 12, 2008
Mine is brightparis, My name is Paris(don't think of PAris Hilton, (I hate her because of her stupid things)and i m bright.