What does your screen name mean?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
We're about to buy an '09 Civic EX. What are the chances your hands touched it? I think we established before that you were on the line for my '06 Element, right?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
We're about to buy an '09 Civic EX. What are the chances your hands touched it? I think we established before that you were on the line for my '06 Element, right?
Yep. I probably installed your crankshaft! In '09 I was already in ferrous casting, so it's likely I made your camshafts. Hopefully I was paying attention so keep your fingers crossed!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
styfle came from the word stifle. I wanted something short, and simple (although some people somehow manage to say it wrong or think it's styfie). Unfortunately, I'm not as original as I thought because every once in awhile, that username is registered on popular sites such as myspace or gmail.

For the record, it's pronounced sty-full

Jun 12, 2009
When i use to be in high school, my 5th period teacher always referred to students by there last name, it was Mr. This, Ms. that,..and i started calling everyone by there last name, like "Mr.Smith", and i demanded that everyone called me back Mr., so thats where the Mr in Mr.Reggaeton comes in..

reggaeton comes from when i was in the football team, i was in my junior year, and i remembered that i had an iPod touch, and i was listening to reggaeton really loud, and for that day, i had a substitute, the substitute was the defensive coordinator for the football team, he yelled out, reggaeton out of nowhere, and all of the sudden, overnight everybody in the school knew me as reggaeton and not by my real name, even the teachers, even the principal called me reggaeton,

and the 72, was the number that i was assigned when i was in the football team, so from there on, i was referred to as Mr.Reggaeton72 :)

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
From THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS "My Man"

May I direct your attention to the following simile
You're like the coasts of an ocean
Buried beneath is a submarine cable
Connecting the opposite shores that surround it

and then later...

When something happens to drag on the floor of the ocean
For instance an anchor or mooring
The cable can be disrupted and even be severed
Which halts the transmission across it

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Mine is rather boring. Not as creative as the rest of yours. JW are my initials: James William. iPhone: my love for iPhone.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Edward Nygma (sometimes spelled as Nigma) was the Riddler's real name. Riddler was my nickname because my last name is Riddle and the rest, as they say, is history.

TBL

Bronze
Dec 8, 2009
Tampa, FL
Back in the day I wanted a hockey related screen name for hfboards. I just went with the local team that I am a fan of, Tampa Bay Lightning fan(TBLfan). It became a regular sn on hockey websites and people started referring to me(sometimes in person) as TBL. So since this isn't a hockey site, I got rid of fan and just went with TBL. How uninteresting, I should have just made up something about being The Big Lebowski.

I've been "Woofus" or "Mr. Woofus" for a while. It started a number of years ago when the internet was still pretty new. I made a website for the family dog, Mr. Woofus, to prove that anyone could have a website. (Mr. Woofus also became an ordained minister, thanks to the internet!) Since then I've used the name on various online forums and even as part of a nationally syndicated morning radio show. (Woofus gets around) ;)

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
What? You folks don't know of Zanthe?

The Empire of Zanthe ruled the world for untold millennia. Its lords leveled mountains, boiled oceans, built castles in the air and fought beings from the outer darkness for their sport. For aeons the Empire held Cryarth in its iron grip, treating the lesser races as little more than cattle, food for its incubation chambers and manna vats. Many times it stood on the verge of collapse under the onslaught of forces within and without. It endured, or fell only to rise again from the ashes, purified by the fires of revolution or holy war. Still, nothing in this world is forever, not even an empire of immortals. The lords of the Empire, the Imperials, finally fell under the combined weight of their own diluted blood and decadence and the Promethean fury of their own creations. Zanthe, the Jewel of Cryarth, sunk beneath the waves in a single night of fire and thunder. Now only the Shattered Kingdoms remain, ruled by the last descendants of the Imperials, fighting for the scraps of ancient knowledge. In the borderlands of the Empire lie the Necropolises, cities of death ruled by the dreaded brain towers and their mindless ghulm armies...

In 1983 I got the CA license plate UPLOAD because I was running a BBS and 'download' didn't fit on a plate. I kept the nickname and plate as I got more into the BBS industry and started Mustang Software and the Wildcat! BBS. After we sold the company in 2000 and I moved to Colorado, I abandoned the license plate but adopted the variation UP10AD because the original spelling was never available on forums, etc.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
Chassis code to my car.

Never have been able to find a universal one, all the forums I visit have a different one. It's a hassle.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
My screen name comes from my given name "Michael" and the nickname I used for most of my life "Mike". I am a fan of the late, great Douglas Adams and have just about every published variation of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I have friends whose 20 something kids have known me as "Mister Mike" since they took their first steps. A few years ago, purely by chance, some of my younger coworkers also began calling me Mr. Mike.

When I decided I needed an online identity that no else had, I discovered that I could combine 2 things; my love for HHGTTG and Mister Mike. There is a plot point near the end of the first book where this question is asked, "What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9?". The answer to that question explains a lot about this world .... ;)